1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My birthday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eligh, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Eligh

Tommorro is my birth, July 12, one of potentionaly hottest days of the year, so yeah, I will be 15, and I am going to break all the rules that your everyday 15 year old would follow. Im gonna rock this countries world!!

2. confusedkid

confusedkid Guest

For whatever reason, I don't doubt that statement at all... :lol:

But Happy Birthday!

-CK

3. Happy birthday, Eligh! And happy birthday to goratrix, too (I think)!

4. goratrix

thanks motionmaker.

so. there I was, I took AC to his home, and just before I left leaving a flawless night behind, I had to screw it. I told him how depressing my bday was going to be, that I spent most of it studying and that at night I wouldn't be with my family (I am literally eating alone in front of my computer)... so he told me that perhaps he had a present for me.
    I replied, as usual, with the 'no thanks, I don't like presents', and I added: 'besides you won't give me what I want'. and then I pushed the gas (so the engine would make a loud sound) and I took off, leaving the conversation at that.
    I can only hope that he took it as a joke... but I feel pretty idiotic right now.

do you think I should start to think about moving to singapour or something???

5. You're allowed to be moody on a less-than-ideal birthday. Don't move to Singapore just yet. :slight_smile: At least you got to hang w/ him!

6. hawkeye

yea, ok, call that a bad b-day if you want to. A few years ago i was being inducted into this boy scout thing called The Order of the Arrow, which is a service club dedicated to working on the scout camps. in order to be inducted you first need to be voted in (just by a majority of the troop, and people can vote for as many people as they want), and then you have to complete this ordeal. The ordeal just happened to land on my b-day. the ordeal starts the day before, and from that point on (usualy 10PM) you are not allowed to talk, then you sleep outside (and it happened to rain, so we were allowed trash bags to sleep under along with our sleeping bags). the whole day then you have to work on projects around camp, geting very little to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They make the work easy (we actually ran out of work and sat around quite a bit), and the whole thing isn't terrible. And finaly at about 10PM the whole thing is over. the one thing that brightened my day up the most after i got done was these 2 hostes cup cakes that my friend gave me that he was able to cram 14 candles into.

Eligh, i'm sure your b-day will be better than the one i just told about, and in case it isnt, then you just have a good excuse to have an awesome b-day party later on!

7. Micah

Happy Birthday Eligh and Goratrix :eusa_danc

You each get a dancing banana!

(!) (!)

8. goratrix

now officially: happy birthday eligh...

#8 goratrix, Jul 12, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Have a good one Eligh! You'll have to change your biography in your profile now.... :wink:

I'm sorry to hear yours wasn't so great goratrix. I think sometimes we all assume the day will be special and are then deflated when it turns out to be just another day.

10. goratrix

you know the funny thing, Paul, I don't usually expect it to be any different, but somehow this was such a great year for me, that I was happy enough to actually have some hope...

Anyway... now I have some heavy emotional levrage with my parents... XD

11. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy birthday!

12. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should either tell him or stop passive-aggressively hinting at it. And also stop treating him like a jerk because you're having personal issues. It's not his fault you're gay and in love with him. Can you imagine how you'd feel if you told someone you had a present for their birthday and they flung it in your face like that? I'm having trouble coming up with a more hurtful way of reacting.

He's not the enemy in your story. He's not even antagonising you. But you are as sure as the sun rises each day going to make him hate you if you keep up like this. So quit using him as your punching-bag... it's unfair to him and it demeans you.

13. goratrix

I see what you say joey, and in a way is more true than I'd like to admit. I do have to tell him, and I do have to stop these passive(or not so passive)-agressive hints.

Anyway, I guess my writing skills are not as great as I'd thought. He did not actually have a present, he just said it because I had just told him that my night would suck big time, and he tried to cheer me. So he said something like 'hmm, I might find a present in there somewhere'. And my natural response, or defense system, is humour (sp?), so that's how I reacted.

Still, I know I treated him very badly that day, and I still feel guilty about it. I know I'll have to explain it to him some day... but I don't expect to do it any time soon.

For now I'll try to be as good a friend as I can, and make my best effort to stop that kind of situation from happening again.

Thanks joey.

14. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Goratrix,

You're welcome. I hope you can make peace with your feelings for this guy because I think ultimately you'll be doing yourself a service, even more than him.

15. foxshe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOU!!! IF YOU CAN'T CELEBRATE ON THE SPECIAL DAY YOU CAN ALWAYS KICK BACK 3 TIMES HARDER A FEW DAYS LATER! OTHERWISE DON'T WORRY YOU WILL HAVE MANY MORE! Besides as you get older birthdays tend to be celebrated less extravagantly. LOL, be good and live long :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

<3, Sheila