1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Avatar

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Micah, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Micah

So I've been considering changing my forum avatar to something more person (such as a picture of my nipple....joke?)..Anyway everytime someone changes their avatar it confuses me because I usually look at people's avatars rather than their names when I read the forum.

Would this confuse anyone? What are your thoughts on changing avatars? What do you think of my current one? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

ALSO: I was consider changing my forum name from Dave to Micah...Since my first name IRL is Micah, and my middle names are david james. I used to get called David a lot when I was younger by some friends (hence why I used the name Dave when I joined EC about 2.5 years ago :eek: ).

But that kind of died off since then, and Micah sets me apart from other people :wink: Plus it's a pretty sexy name (pronounced My-Cah...like the kid from Heroes).

But yeah...I think that'd be quite the confusing!

2. CrimsonThunder

Its your decision Micah. Do what you think is best.

3. Micah

:dry:

4. Kimi

Aww, pic of your raisin will makes great avatar:grin:

Anyways, I usually remember person by avatar so it's really confusing when someone using avatar from the samples or when person changes its avatar quite often:bang:

Because of that, I'm trying to keep theme of my avatar...White background with black bold letter and say something within 4~5 words so whatever it says it won't look completely different from last one:thumbsup:
    Personally, I like your animated avatar. We only have few that kind of avatar here.

As far as username. I PERSONALLY like Dave but if you are not liking it as much as Micah, then I don't think you need to stop yourself from changing it:icon_wink
    Tho, I hated when we had this "username change trend" few month ago...

5. Micah

Yeah I agree. I'm not hell bent on having it changed. Just throwing the idea around really :slight_smile:

6. CrimsonThunder

<3 =D

7. davo-man

Personally i really like ur avatar....thats actually one of the first things i commented upon when i responded to you in my introduction thread...however i really like having a more personal photo, so there are pros and cons both ways...my advice is keep the one u have cos i like it more....as for ur name, well i think its fine either way, but i reckon it could get pretty confusing if you change both ur name and avatar, so i reckon just change one or the other and then when ppl are used to it, change the other (if u wanna change both)

8. SadConfusedBandGeek

Hmm, i dont mind if people change their avatar, it takes me a day to get used to it, but i will survive.

Also i REALLY like the name Micah:slight_smile: Its amazing

9. 24601

I often times look at avatars to identify people, but it doesn't really make a difference. Like Josh said, it only takes a day to get used to really.

I think I'm gonna change my stuff soon too.

10. xxAngelOnFirexx

change can be fun and exciting. i did a whole total makeoever of myself in the past year adn i love it! i like to change my online stuff every now and then too. Go for it!

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's probably best to not change the name and avatar at the same time as that would cause a bit of confusion. Do them a week or so apart and it'll be fine, I'm sure.

12. Micah

Haha. yes I think changing them both at the same time would get QUITE confusing.

13. TeeBe

Micah is an awesome name!

14. Double Dubya

Micah is a sexy name:icon_wink