1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homage

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by polysemiology, May 18, 2009.

1. polysemiology

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just wanted to write a sort of 'thank you' to EC.

I used to be a pretty regular member way back when and have just recently got thinking about Empty Closets and decided to come back and check if it was 'still there' or not. And it is.

EC was an amazing space and community that made me feel comfortable with being gay way back when and provided support for me through my periods of self-hate, through my very first coming out, through my first relationship (which was abusive), and through my coming out to 'the whole world'.

My coming out was only a couple of years ago, but it feels like sooo much time has passed. I tried to re-use my old screen name but couldn't even remember what email address I used way back in high school, haha. However, I'm back to check it out now and hopefully I'll stick around (maybe I can be on the 'giving advice' side a bit, now, too, lol). :slight_smile:

At any rate, I wanted anybody who cares to know that this site IS worthwhile and I'm grateful for it. And, overall: thank you.

- R in Canada

2. Mickey

Yeah,I agree that EC is a wonderful place. I came here,because I was a little older and wanted to help people who were going through what I had been through. Funny thing,though. EC has taught me a lot,too. I love being a part of the EC family and I'm happy you decided to return. I'm also happy that EC helped you,when you really needed it.