1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pepsi, May 18, 2009.

1. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Wasn't sure where to put this but something happened today in school and I was just dying from laughing (not out loud, but you know the kind when something is hysterical to you but if you let the laughs out people will think your nuts so you just laugh in your head, cause that's not crazy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) So anyway we were talking about gender roles on the street in the book "Miguel street." One of the characters had 8 kids so she was seen by my class as somewhat of a whore but I thought she was just you know whatever, but anyway we had to write letters in her P.O.V and someone put the wording "sexual identity" in theirs, I forget who but bless their soul because they cheered me up with the conversation that followed it and I was having a horrible day. Anyway because everyone in my class is determined to constantly attempt to get the teacher off subject, and they all know how much she HATES stereotypes, some kid wittingly (that a word?) says "Doesn't sexual identity mean like when your gay or confused about what gender you like?" So somehow out of that they were able to get the teacher talking about being gay and weather or not its a choice. She said she didn't believe people choose it but there was no proof, she seemed undecided on the subject. The funniest part about it was I'm an outspoken person, normally I would have contributed to the conversation it was just that there wasn't anyone really saying it was a choice so I didn't feel the need to jump in and rant and besides I thought it was the funniest thing ever. My teacher knows I'm gay, I've put it in my homework once because it was about how we could be labeled and how those labels' stereotypes don't fit us so I know she knows. And she kept looking at me because she clearly wanted me to get involved but I was to busy covering my face because I didn't want anyone to see me smiling. I don't know why I thought it was funny, probably because I am out in school but I don't think anyone knows in that class. I'm very much on a if you ask I'll tell but otherwise I don't see the point in bringing it kind of thing. Yeah so I don't think anyone in that class knows I'm gay but they were all sitting there talking about gays and I don't know I thought it was funny. It even got up to metrosexuals and the guys were talking about how they get facials and manicures and that doesn't make them gay, I probably should've said "Yeah and I don't get facials and manicures an that doesn't make me straight"

Anyone else ever been in a class while they discussed homosexuality/bisexuality/etc.?

#1 Pepsi, May 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
  2. stymied

stymied Guest

My English teacher talks about it all the time, but he's accepting and understanding, so it's fine. I have him for careers as well, and when I passed by his desk after the lesson, he stopped me and asked me what I thought about his talk on hmosexuality.

I am very, VERY much in the closet at my school. So I have NO idea how he guessed. Maybe it was just innocent, but I'm convinced he's aware of my homosexuality.

Needless to say, it scared the living shit out of me.

3. kettleoffish

My RMPS (religion) teacher gave us a course on "gender issues" (which she wrote herself - the woman is brilliant) for the majority of this year, and the topic did come up a few times. Quite often it would boil down to me and her having outright arguments with this asshat guy (actually, by coincidence, the same asshat I mentioned in my thread about teachers a few days ago) about how being gay isn't wrong. We always owned him, she's just about my favourite teacher ever... but I never have RMPS ever again because the timetables made me drop it :frowning2::frowning2::frowning2:

4. riddlerno1

Ever since i have started coming out at university, whenever anything about homosexuality is mentioned in class i always feel very nervous and fidgety and do feel like everyones staring at me or waiting for me to say something!! Afterwards many of my close friends have remarked on how i went bright red !!