1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the best part of being queer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lacan, May 20, 2009.

1. Lacan

for me, it's the release. it's so wonderful and new to just be honest with myself and others about who i am. the dancing is fun too =)

you folks?

2. I never thought there was a best part to it.

3. Nitro

It is a toss up between knowing what self-deception feels like (so you can recognize it in other areas/times in life) and the awesome people you meet as fellow queers and allies.

4. Ben

Ben

Locker rooms. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Greggers

Oh my god. There are too many amazing things about being gay to list haha. I am more than proud to be gay, id choose it over being straight if i was given a choice.

Why? Well, ive asked myself that alot heh. Why would i choose to be discriminated against, to have a harder life, to have to bear this awful secret that just eats you up from the inside? Well i have weighed the pros and cons multiple times, and it all comes down to this:

It makes me a stronger person.

Wisdom is something you gain from life experiences. The more hardships and rough patches you go through and overcome the more widsom you obtain. I like to explain it like this: You can read in a book "Dont stick a nail in your foot, it will hurt" but until you actully take that nail and stick it into your foot you dont REALLY know if it will hurt. You have to live to learn. Being gay has caused alot of unwanted crap for me, and lead to my attempted suicides, but because ive been to deaths door and back i am a stronger person. I have grown a thick skin on the outside and a soft core on the inside - the best of both worlds! Ive learned to take the crap as well as love them back.

So yea, id have to say the #1 thing is that being gay has shaped me as a person. Ironicly it has NOTHING to do with the being gay part, but all about what ive had to go through because of that.

Other things i like?

- Im different than the majority. Being different lets me bring something to the table that might otherwise not be there. Not blending in is actually a good thing in many ways.
    - Once im open about being gay, there is not alot of other things i care to hide. It helps me be honest. Think about it, if someone knows your gay then why keep something from them like a cheezy show you watch or a necrotic habit you have? Those things seem pointless to keep once your out.
    - The men. Men are just the most beautiful thing on this world, and im afraid if i was not gay i might like women and then i would miss out on how beautiful the male form really is!
    - You guys. If i was not gay, i would not have met you. If i had not met you guys, life would just not be as fun as it is now. So many of you have shaped me as a person. Eleanor, i feel i must mention you here :slight_smile: You have changed me. In a good way. I love ya all though! "Id die without you" to quote Rent.

6. paco

paco Guest

straight people have to deal with their partners being the opposite sex...so they have to deal with stuff that the other sex cant help such as arguments about the toilet seat, tampons going everywhere, PMS, not being able to punch their partner and have it be funny, and all the rest of the differences between genders. we can be real best friends that also have the hots for eachother.

7. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

Not sure. I don't really think of being gay as a good thing. Not that I think it's a bad thing at all. Dunno if it's just me still finding my feet, but it's a bit like asking me 'what's the best part about having size 12 feet?'.

*waits for the angry letters to start arriving*

#7 bob4carl09, May 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
  8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't say I appreciate being called queer, thank you very much, but I always thought no accidental pregnancies was a pretty good thing. I always laughed (and felt a little bit left out) during health classes and related talks, when someone would say things like "That's why you should wait until marriage to have sex, because what if she accidentally gets pregnant?!?". Thankfully for me there will never be a "she", and unfortunately there may also never be a marriage.

9. Just Adam

i agree with ya simon... not about the feet dam shoe sizes always change from make to make so some hurt me feet :frowning2:... anyway haha

i dont see beeing gay as anything special its just who you are, i had always believed one positive of the gay community as it looks after each other alot better than the straight one as it knows the discrimination and lonliness so looks after each other... i learnt though this was pretty stupid missconception and felt pretty stupid about it. if anything i find likeing guys to be painfull as it seems to get me nothing but stress and sadness as it brings so many more levels of rejection into my life.

but positive guys are cute and paco was right with a guy i dont have to put up with women troubles having to act yea you look nice ... pm?... what? ... did you say minstrel? no?.... mint imperial.. no ... ok i dunno :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:............oh my god where are you putting that blood blood blood...gross :/

10. Jem29

Quoted for the lawls.

11. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

I get to avoid the following
    Male partner to female partner
    "Why did you leave the towel, the wet towel lying there on the floor"
    (reply to cooking for the family) "Why is it always about you, why don't you take me into consideration for once in your life"

- I now have no shame in my music tastes, thats right I can listen to Pink, Kelly Clarkson and others and not be all macho and pretend not to like it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Mr Bojangles

I'm not shitting you, my friends would like me more. I'd be even more of a fucking freak if I was straight, because some people seem to think my sexuality is associated with my eccentricity (I think it's just one tiny little thing in my personal madness).

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Folgers in my cup.

...no, wait. That's the best part of waking up.

[youtube]7wLxmdHoZj4[/youtube]

Lex

14. paco

paco Guest

^^this right here is the best part about being queer. straight people dont say this shit :roflmao:. i love you all(*hug*):kiss:(*hug*):kiss:

15. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with you Greggers here; the more hardships and struggles a person goes through, the more the person learns about the world, and it can simultaneously make the individual strong, stubborn and matured: ready to fight back, and face all the hardships the world has to offer. I had been to much of a coward to actually attempt to commit suicide, but I did have suicidal fantasies, and I still do have them, though I know pretty well I will never do that (because I know full well ending ones life isn't the solution). I had been a very fragile person before, but now after facing constant bashing and discrimination from societies, families, friends and everyone around, I have turned into (or so I would like to believe) a much more matured person, who is ready to face the world and what lay ahead of me; before it was my parents, families and friends who did everything for me, but now it has changed and I have come to face my own responsibility. I have also learned to retort and fight back -- something that I was lacking before. In short being a queer had made me someone whom I would not have become otherwise (had such strong circumstances did not attack me).

Btw, Gregger, may I say you have a great style of writing,; it was fun reading through your post, and I guess our thoughts matched exactly, and I believe most people here would agree with us. No matter how much we despise our circumstance and position for the ruins it brought us, it is a part of our character, a part of our self, without which we wouldn't be completed. I thank God for making me a gay; I love myself for being a gay, and will continue to do so. Also, I don't think gays really have a problem with their sexuality -- it is the society that has. Most of us are quite contented with our sexuality, and proud of being who we are.

16. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

1) Your introduced to yourself at a young age. Well at least for me. I got to know myself before anyone else did. That was cool.

2) We go around in life looking for what we want, being gay has shown me what I need.

17. CrystalCat

Greggers summed it up absolutely perfectly. Being gay has allowed me to be honest with myself and proud of my self. Plus not having to go through "omg, im a day late i wish i wasnt so drunk when i slept with that guy" :slight_smile:

18. Greggers

:icon_redf Ty for that.

19. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

I can't see anything good.

20. littledinosaurs

Same.