1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd chances?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by carrie90, May 20, 2009.

1. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Ok i was just wondering everybodys thoughts on this but first let me just say im well happy 2 b back i been away for a few weeks and missed u all

Now back to my topic how does everybody feel about 2nd chances do u believe everybody deserves one? I need some opinions cause anybody who read my Chelsea thread may understand why im so interested in 2nd chances

So just afta all ya thoughts

2. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

yes but only after a period of time. I mean giving a second chance to someone right after an incident doesnt give them time to think about it, change, nor does it give you the time to believe they have changes.

3. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess it completely depends on what has happened and what the circumstances were.
    I'm a firm believer that anyone who physically abuses a partner does not deserve a second chance...one strike and you're out.

On the cheating front-
    If she's pissed off her face (drunk) and kisses a mate for a laugh, then I'd be really annoyed and I'd require a million boxes of chocolates...but in the end I suppose I would give her a second chance.

If she's pissed and she sleeps with someone else then I dont think I could forgive that.

At the end of the day I suppose it all depends on trust. If something is bad enough that I would lose trust in someone then I could never be in a relationship with them.

4. partietraumatic

in a relationship context i couldn't. I need to feel i can trust the person completely, and if that was broken i don't think i could take them back.

5. Greggers

Well, i think of it this way.

Would i want a second chance if i made a mistake? HELL yes i would!

So i should really extend that privilege to someone else, or im just being two faced.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Too vague a subject. Totally depends on who the person is, what the person did, how contrite (I think) the person is, and how committed (I think) the person is to changing behavior.

Lex

7. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

I would usually give a second chance to just about anyone because I am way too kind hearted. Except for when dealing with discriminatory remarks or bogans (you know white trash/chavs etc.) I know lots of my friends only give second chances in reltionships (sometimes 3rd or 4th) purely because they can't find anyone else, my sister being a prime example.

8. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    ok ppl want more detail fair enough i did something really bad and slept with someone else and lost my girlfriend of a year who i love more than anything else in the world
    (I know what ppl are thinking how can you love her so much and do that to her)

I know what i did was totally wrong and stupid so feel free to say what ever you want about me cause believe me i think alot worse about myself right now.

She has said in time maybe she can forgive me and we can try again but ive already hurt her enough, I just want her to be happy even if it isnt with me so is giving someone like me a 2nd chance really the best thing for her?

#8 carrie90, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  9. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Well the second chance is her's to give. Your choice is the whole picture is whether you want to wait for that second chance or not. If you do remember its not garenteed.

10. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Second chances, yes. Third and subsequent chances, no.

11. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think legnaj hit the nail on the head. It's her decision obviously.....but you must decide if you can wait for that decision because it might take a while. Does she know that you still have deep feelings for her and that you would do anything to have her back? I'm not sure what the state of play is now between the two of you, and whether she's talking to you or whether you still see eachother. Dont push the issue; but make sure you dont neglect her (send the occastional text message/sms) so she knows that even if she doesnt want to have a relationship with you, she'll know that you care for her. xx