1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Missing Link?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by partietraumatic, May 23, 2009.

1. partietraumatic

This tuesday the BBC is going to air a programme in which David Attenborough is apparently going to unvail the fossil of the missing link :eek:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...-reveals-missing-link-in-human-evolution.html

I will certainly be watching this,if its true and this is the missing link then it has huge implications,as it would be almost concrete proof that evolution is indeed a fact.

So what does everyone else think of this? Im going to reserve judgement until i've seen the programme,because at this stage it could just be media hype...

2. Just Adam

well ive seen what i believe to be the fossil on tv and what they said it would look like in humanoid form, it looks like sort of human with lizard features mixed with primate imo... think lizard from spiderman your close just more hunched and deformed. it will be very interesting to see if ive seen what this is about as i would love to know how we came to that form

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's an interesting little fossil. But I'd hardly call it the missing link. Rather, a missing link.
    It will show us how some of the early primates were related, confirming some hypotheses and disproving others, but I wouldn't expect radical new insights in evolution from it.

Also, it's not going to settle the Creation-Evolution shouting match. Creationists aren't affected by physical proof anyway, and if they can ignore the vast body of fossils in favour of evolution, they can certainly ignore one more.

I'll watch, but I have a lot of doubts that this is worth all the hype.

4. Just Adam

i agree with filip this wont matter much to creationists theyl just say god created that human too but punished them or something they sinned or whatever

5. Daniel

That and other forms of proof besides human history have been used to prove evolution such as whale evolution.

This one "Missing Link" won't do much I think. Media attention does a lot for a person in need of money for research. (And personal paychecks sadly)

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the media is hyping it to a point where it almost seems trivial now, but I'm certainly interested. Of course creationists, especially the YECs, have no interest in data and fact, but it's still another piece of evidence to toss onto the mountain-sized pile.