1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird little quirks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Katherine, May 23, 2009.

1. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    We all have them. Those little quirky things we say, think, or do that make us stand out from everyone else. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Don't pretend you don't have any!

I have more than I can count, but some are more noticeable than others. One is that I pull at and play with my hair almost constantly. It amazes me that I have as many friends as I do because I can only imagine how irritating it must be to other people! It's just a bad habit, I guess.

Another is that I freak out whenever someone touches me and I'm not expecting it, especially anywhere near my stomach or my neck. I almost always scream. My little brother pokes me in the side all the time just because he knows I hate it, and then my parents yell at ME for screaming. :eusa_doh:

My last one is probably the fact that I completely squeak when I sneeze. The first part of the sneeze sounds totally normal, the "ahhh" part, but the "choo!" always comes out as a very loud, VERY high-pitched, inhuman-sounding squeak. Half of my friends think it's really cute, and the other half are kind of scared of it. :lol:

So now that I've shared some of my wonderful quirks with you, post some of yours here! Maybe after reading about some other quirks, I'll feel a little more normal about my own. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So what are your weird little quirks?

2. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    The only thing that i do that seems to annoy people is i use the word y'all way 2 much im workin on downplayin it but it aint goin to well. I probally have other quirks but i cant fink of anymore.

3. Techcompu2

the only one I can think of is the fact that I can sneak up and scare almost anyone, anytime. I have gotten the nickname 'ninja-boy' because of it

4. -Michael-

I read too much.

People know me as 'The Charming boy in the Checked Shirt Who Reads a Lot'

It's a long title.
    But i live

5. GhostDog

Lawd, I do that too. I flip out and try to hit whatever just touched me. >.> My family have, for the most part, learned to not do this. I spook easily, like a nervous, nervous pony.

Hmm, what else. During long silences, I tend to meow. I have no idea why. It's a noise I make when I have nothing to say, I guess!

Sometimes when I'm tired and talking to people, instead of just talking with my hands, I'll dance a little bit when I say something. I also occasionally like to talk loud and theatrically, just... 'cause?

If my insertion of "haha" into my typed discussions is any indication, I tend to laugh a lot when I talk aloud. I'm not sure where that comes from!

I lose approximately 25 IQ points when I'm around dogs. Anybody's dog, though I'm really bad about it with mine. "Awww lookit the ickle puppykins! Awww you're so cuuuute yes'm! Awrf! Awrf!" It's incredibly embarrassing but I can't help it, haha! There are sections of my brain that, in the presence of a cute animal, will stop whatever they're doing and devote themselves to saying "AWWWWW".

Also, I bark back at dogs who bark at me. I'm told I'm eerily realistic, too. =P

6. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I do the same thing! I'm a sucker for cute animals, mostly cats and dogs. It's always embarassing when I'll be with my cat and someone will walk in to hear me mid-sentence in baby talk. It's horrible. I'll sit there and cuddle with him and hug him and say, "Aww, how's my widdle baby boy? Aren't you a widdle cutie? Oh, you're so cute! I lub youuuuuu!" and my brother will just laugh at me. :lol: I try really hard to contain it when I'm around animals that AREN'T mine, but usually fail.

7. Courtneyyy

I'm pretty sure most people sound like babbling idiots when they talk to dogs or babies. It's not a big deal.

I used to do this thing where I would like talk into my shoulder? Like, it someone said something stupid, I would turn and be like "are you kidding me?" Apparently I looked like a secret service person talking into my shoulder. My friends made fun of me so I stopped. I actually didn't realize that I did that for a while.

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suck on my lower lip and bite my tongue

9. saudade

saudade Guest

I have so many idiosyncrasies it is ridiculous. I'll limit them to the main two.

I pick up accents incredibly easily. I go to visit relatives in Scotland often and when I come back I have a moderately thick Scottish accent, and even in extended conversations I find my voice changing slightly.

If a song is stuck in my head, I have to sing it out loud. I also sometimes suddenly become aware of the fact that I have been singing to myself for the past five minutes without even realising it.

10. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

I laugh at the most simplest of things i.e. Sue White from Green Wing dancing in her office to the tap dance ringtone.

Everytime I pick up a pen i must spin it on my thumb and forefinger

11. RaRa

I bite my pens way too much.

12. Just Adam

i tap my fingers

13. paco

paco Guest

i flip my hair..all the time. its just a little head shake but all of my friends tell me about it lol.

14. CrystalCat

whenever i'm in a group and someone says something awkward i turn around obnoxiously then stare at the ceiling, then when someone asks me to respond i usually say "Wow, what an absolutely stunning ceiling, just look at the patterns"

I bite my nails when i'm bored.

I literally say "dot dot dot"

I break out in song at times :slight_smile:

15. rainemc

I run my fingers through my hair non-stop
    I constantly bite my lip
    I violently shake my legs on purpose when I'm bored
    I buy grammar books for all different languages
    I love it when people burp
    If anyone tries to poke me i vibrate and if anyone succeeds in poking me i jump aout of my seat and make odd noises

16. Apocalypte

I laugh at *everything* - and I am physically incapable of frowning properly unless I'm drunk.

17. Timm

I push my glasses up my nose when I'm nervous.
    I bite my nails.
    I shiver when people touch me.
    I jump way up high when people surprise me.

18. Kirakishou

My voice changes depending on who I'm talking to.

19. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I chew on pencils, pens, and my toothbrush. I bite my little finger when I'm watching TV. I have a loud obnoxious laugh. I too hate to be poked in the side. My Dad used to do this to me when I was little and I absolutely hated it! I tend to stand with my hands on my hips which isn't a problem unless I'm in the middle of the grocery aisle and people are trying to get by. Ha, ha! Funny when I was with my daughter last week I looked at her and she and I were standing in the exact same way.

20. Iceeh

I chew on things compulsively. (I.E. writing utensils, headphones, notebooks) Also, I have a strange tendency to purr at people...