1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mom: so crazy!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sam, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Sam

Sam

oh my god its so crazy my mom has been accepting of me but it used to be really awkward talking to her about things to do with me being gay. the other day she called and said "I think I found you a girlfriend"

yes I know a parent trying to hook you up with someone..... not good!

but hey this was shocking to me because I'm not used to her being this calm and cool about me. I'm probably never going to see this girl but I still think that my mom acting like this is great this shows me that she is really starting to be ok with everything

she also said if you aren't gonna have a boyfriend you should have a girlfriend.

2. SadConfusedBandGeek

Omg!! As crazy-ily annoying that is, it REALLY shows how much your mom is trying to show you that she accepts you! THAT IS GREAT!!!!

3. Zec24

My mom surprised me like that too. She was the one most bothered by my coming out and yet she makes jokes or comments that let me know she probably doesn't care as much as I originally thought. A few weeks ago I went to PA with a friend I met from some of my classes in college and I didn't tell my parents I was taking a trip, so when I called her for mother's day (it happened to be the weekend I was away) she asked me if I was in my room so she could call me back. I told her no, I was in PA with a friend. She said who? And I told her a girl I'd met in class. She said "Oh is this more than a friend?"

I laughed and said no, but I wonder what she would have said if I'd said yes? Its strange though, because I now find (my sister tells me this) that my parents wonder if any of my female friends are more than just friends. This is kind of annoying, I'd rather not have them scruitinizing all of my relationships with females. You'd think they'ed realize that if I had the guts to come out to them that I wouldn't be afraid to be honest and tell them if I was in a relationship.

4. Kimi

That's actually very cool:thumbsup:
    I wish my parents were that cool...though it will be so funny my mom tried to hook me up with someone:roflmao:

You and we always "should" have a gf or bf:icon_wink

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ha, ha........we mom's can be like that. It's a good kind of "annoying" though.

6. CrimsonThunder

^Agreed with becky. Its pretty funny when mums do it.

My mum usually says "oh you should have been there, there was this really hot girl you would have loved"

>_>

7. Corey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hahah yeah... when ever the topic comes up, about me being gay, we get into a continuous circle of: How do u know u r gay?... my response is always the comon "how do u know u r straight?"
    i only told my p-rents a few days ago... so i think i just have to give them time

8. Sam

Sam

yeah beckyg it is a good kind of annoying! I love my mom so much she really is the greatest and has really stepped up and learned to accept me. If you would have said a year ago that we would have this kind of relationship now I would have said you were crazy!

OH AND BY THE WAY IT HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN A YEAR SINCE I CAME OUT TO MY MOM!!!

9. RomanceSlayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey that´s great
    she´s really supporting you:icon_bigg

I don´t really have a good relationship with my parents...
    I´m sure they´ll never act like that when I come out to them...lol

10. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well my mom is crazy... but not in a good way. As I have already posted, she isn't very accepting...