1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things you don't want to stare at...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BeautifulStranger, May 25, 2009.

1. BeautifulStranger

... but you can't look away

Seriously.
    My friend just showed me a video of a horse's chest abscess being popped. It was bit by a snake and yeah...
    The video was totally sick.

But no matter how much white pus seemed to pour from the abscess, I couldn't bring myself to look away.
    Like the worst train wreck imaginable.

2. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

I know exactly what you mean. A guy I served had psoriasis all over his scalp and behind his ears, I couldn't stop staring....there are many more but I know exactly what you mean tyler

3. Dazed

Dazed Guest

when people have huge moles on their face. i always want to say "MOLEY MOLEY MOLEYYYY"

and i always stare when people get hurt. i never try to help though.

4. -Michael-

Old women who look like their blusher was put on with lipstick.
    And the pluck all of their eyeborws and paint them on really high.
    And they show no expression at all.

I'm walk past and just....stare.

_ _ <eye brows

o o <eyes
    ___ < weird mouth

5. saudade

saudade Guest

A video of eye surgery in biology. Seeing the scalpel going into the eye and watching the lens being dragged out by forceps... wasn't the most pleasant thing I've ever seen.

How exactly did your friend come across a video of a horse abscess? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Shevanel

LOL Jen XD I think the same thing sometimes <3

Hmmmm I seem to always look at things I don't want to. I can't quite use my brain at this moment though lol. Oh I know one, Shock Videos on the internet and such. I watch them all the way through, and as much as i want to look away, i don't. Same thing with hard to watch scenes in movies and stuff. i feel like looking away breaks my sorta inner morals about watching movies, because then I would've missed one part of it. So I must watch all of it, no matter what is happening on the screen. (Try doing this while watching Salo: 120 Days To Sodom :dry: )

7. BeautifulStranger

Shock videos honestly don't bother me too much (with the exception of a few)
    Nor do movies. I know the movies are fictional, so there isn't too much to creep me out.

But anything medical freaks me shitless.
    I have an insane fear of hospitals. Getting me to go to a doctors appointment is like finding Sarah Palin's gay friends.

Impossible.

8. Hoppip

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARNRlkuTmjs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

This is the most mesmerizing piece of film I've ever watched. o_o

9. Shevanel

Yeah They really don't bother me too much either. Especially the more prominent ones, but the ones that are sorta compilation vids ... the one video that used to be only 2 separate vids edited together that is now like a countless number of vids edited together... that one is really really hard for me to watch. and yeah the same about the movies too. But still. there are some things.

10. Eleanor Rigby

That doesn't happen to me. When something is a bit rough, I either spit up or faint. In both cases, I am forced to look away.

11. Fiorino

This guy in line at McDonalds (shut up, it's cool here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) today was first of all bald and second of all had this strange scar on the back of his head that was kind of in the shape of giant stiches going up the back of his head. I only stared a few times even though he was in front of me, to be polite. He was really friendly though, he conversed with me a bit.

12. paco

paco Guest

i'm so confused....and yeah i didnt want to watch it. that bathwater is filthy too. what was even going on? i dont even want to know.

really fat guys wearing speedos is tough to turn away from

13. Apocalypte

Medical stuff fascinates me, no matter how gross it is. I *love* Channel 4's Embarrassing Bodies show :slight_smile:

The last thing that I saw and couldn't look away from was a thread on Something Awful about a blog written by the mother of a child with anencephaly.

14. pirateninja

Medical stuff, vomit, pus and blood, I don't have time to stare. Seriously, my friend cut her hand open once, it was one look and TIMBERRRRR!!! :lol:

But stuff like moles or if someone has something on their face, I just STARE. I'm terrible like that. :grin:

15. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  16. pirateninja

I found something else as well.

I have to say, even though these are only illustrations, they freak me the hell out, especially H, K, R, T and X. You'll understand when you see them. They're not unsuitable, just slightly disturbing. But it's a favourite in my tabs, and I'm not quite sure why...

http://www.wickedsunshine.com/GoodVibes/TheGashlycrumbTinies.html

17. paco

paco Guest

that reminds me of salad fingers.

18. Shevanel

Salad Fingers is fucked up, I cringe when he sticks his finger on the nail in the 2nd one. really bad...

19. paco

paco Guest

yeah but can you ever stop watching it? and then can you keep yourself from watching the next episode?

20. SRSLYMARK

There was this guy at a carnival who had a weird skin condition. I think he was African-American, but had lots of pale patches of skin all over his body and head. It was really unsettling to see, for some reason.

That, and 2girls1cup. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: