1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Neighbor the Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BitterEdge, May 25, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I live in a very conservative town in a liberal leaning state.

A young family in an upper middle class neighborhood next door to me has 2 children about 7 or so and have been married roughly around the same time. She recently filled for divorce and my parents found out by the guy that she had come out as a lesbian and found a woman she loved. While he is upset, the two were not close, he is happy for her.

It's nice to see people are becoming less and less afraid about showing their true feelings.

I would have never guessed she was, but my parents took it very well. Their attitudes on homosexuality have changed alot over the years and when I move out next year I will tell them.

Any other people have stories like this?

2. JakeBHT

Nice, hope that goes well. And hope your next door neibour has a happy future.

3. Not exactly... but (counting my parents) there are two lesbian couples and one gay couple in my cul-de-sac.

So... the lesbian neighbor part, yes.

Oh god... I have officially stared at a computer screen for too long. *headdesk*

4. JakeBHT

Sorry: I posted on the wrog thread, what a plonker!
    one gay person in the village! Sorry just me!

5. matty123

hahaha one of my dad's best friends was married to a woman, they had a few kids, and then he found out she had been seeing a woman, and was a lesbian, i think she is still with her partner, and my dad's friend is remarried and has had another kid, it all worked out in the end, kinda reminds me of friends, ross and his wife who turns out to be a lesbian!

6. twixy30

i think thats great i think your right people are changing for the good my mom who would never be ok with her daughter has been very excepting and i think that everyday someone has been told that someone is gay or what ever and they are excepting it just fine all i can say is one day at a time we are getting through to people