1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is a crush?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rainemc, May 26, 2009.

1. rainemc

What is a crush? Plain and simple. I don't know if I've ever had a crush. Is having a good conversation and wanting to talk a lot to that person a crush even though It's non sexual? Feel free to answer both questions or only one. Thanks!

2. gaius

gaius Guest

it's someone who is more special to you than everyone else, you like them more than a friend

3. Shevanel

Someone you could see yourself with and desire that? I think the definition of crush is varies often.

4. littledinosaurs

it's that thing i have on joey. :X
    hahahahaha

A crush is usually when you want someone for some reason (know or unknown) and you do not have to have a good relation with that person. It can be with anyone who catches your eye/interest. They also have a varied life.

5. pirateninja

You know you have a crush on someone...

....if when you faceplant in front of them you go bright red...

...and THEN when they come over to see if you're okay, you faint..... into their arms....

.... deliberately. :grin:

6. silentsound

It doesn't have to be consumed with sexuality, although that is often a little part of it. It's that feeling that you just want to be close to someone. Like you want to be their friend, but you want a deeper kind of friendship. Like you would like nothing more than to just sit all day with that person and just talk. Like all you want is time to get to know him or her and see what makes him or her tick. You want to get in rhythm with him or her. You just want to see and think and breathe him or her. You feel close to him or her and think about that closeness all the time. You want to live in that state of closeness just sitting next to the person forever.

To me, that's a crush, but I guess everyone has their own definition?

7. Thisisnew

Wow if that doesnt define a crush then I don't know what does.

8. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I reckon a crush is when you want to get into someone's pants. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

For example, using this definition, I could say I have a crush on Tyler, Joey, David, Chris, and the list goes on.. lol.

9. Dazed

Dazed Guest

a crush to me is this.

a liking of a person that you feel yo have no chance with. and when you feel you have no chance you are CRUSHed.

10. GoBabyGoGo

^ ^ the story of my life

11. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Ditto :frowning2:

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, in my XP there are two kinds of crushes.
    The first is purely a physically attraction. Someone walks into a room the lights seems to dim everywhere else expect around him. Your heart starts to thump and you feel a warm shiver.

The other is a kind of “Oh, my God I think I this person” kind of crush. These seem to develop over time (either short or long). Maybe you hang out with someone and find you have a lot I common and start to feel an attraction. Or maybe you never hung out you just start feeling like you want to get to know this person.

I’ve both kinds of crushes and I think the second is the most torturous.

This leads me to a new thought, sometimes I hate pretty people.

13. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    To me a crush is that one special person who no matter how much you try you can't stop thinking about. That one person who drives you totally crazy in a good way and you make a complete fool of yourself around (Thats probally just me lol). It someone who for one reason or another stands out from everybody else cause they are special to you. Thats my definition anyway everybody has different ones