1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how long to forget ex, crush, etc...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theworld, May 29, 2009.

1. theworld

^?

I'm still waiting for it all to go away and was wondering how long it 'normally' takes you to stop thinking about him/her in that way.?

2. partietraumatic

with my ex it took me a rediculously long time,like 6/7 months before i was completely over him. But then again he was my first boyfriend,first kiss,first everything else,so that probably added more time than is normal i guess...

3. Psychedelic Bookmarks

There can be a lot of variation. My brother was with his first proper girlfriend for over 2 years, and when they broke up, he was definately still in the dumps a year later. But that's a lot longer than would be average for a less significant relationship.

4. Just Adam

i never forget someone as i learn from each experience so i take that with me.

5. revolutionrock

It took me months to get over my crush, and then it was gone in about a second.

6. Eleanor Rigby

It depends on people and on the relationship I guess.
    I haven't been in that situation for a long time, it took me a year to be over the guy I was with before my husband.
    And it took me 3 years to heal from my first crush, but thing were slightly different since we were not a couple but friends and that he died a very brutal way.
    It took 2 years for my best friend to recover from her six years of relationship after her boyfriend had dumped her.
    I wish you all the best, take care, Eleanor

7. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It took me a good year to get over a crush I had.. It varies from person to person and from situation to situation.

8. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I´m still not over my crush I´ve had for over five years now (I know eleven seems a little young, but it´s true). The last two years I´ve been trying really hard, I don´t think I´ll ever be over her.

9. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Me personally my first BF was about 10 months ago. He turned out to be a complete ass but every single time a certain song comes on my ipod I cant help but think of all the good moments we had. I'm over him but ask for jus thinking back and getting a little sad, im not sure if that ever truly goes away

Fox

10. Stuie

I seem to be getting better and better at getting over people, last crush was 3 days. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    However, I do wish I did have someone to get more emotionally attached to. :frowning2: But someone will come along someday. :slight_smile:

11. twixy30

it does take time they take a peice of you when they walk out that door and walk away just hang in there it does get better over time. it just depends on how deep the relasionship was to see how long it would take to get over them good luck my friend

12. China33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish you all the best, take care, Eleanor

13. Mind Freak

Hmm. Maybe a couple months if I really liked the person and got screwed over. If I liked the person and we both decided it was time for us to stop seeing each other then a couple of days. And if I never got the chance to explore the crush then maybe a few months.

I get over them all eventually though I think.

14. Scentedcandle

For me its been like 6months in the making and im nowere close to geting there. The thing is were wernt even together cause she was straight she just walked into my life and for some reason turn everything upside down. These no set time just as long as it takes you, goodluck

15. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

I think I'm much the same going on 6 years this year and its getting really hard to get over him but i'm hoping the feeling will erode eventually

16. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    It takes me about 3 months to get over most of my crushes. Though, there are usually some residual feelings that never go away. Then again, crushes are so frequent I'm never really free from them!

17. ok455

it Depends on the crush how strong or weak it is. My last major crush was my senior year this guy was amazing. It seems like these days every time i have a crush on a guy something turns me off about them

I never been in a relationship i had a friend i messed with for a few years on and off and when it became off for good i got over it quickly i figured we both had to move on our lives he was my first for everything even virginity.

A rant i just can not stand people who happiness is from being in a relationship and when they break up with someone they get so depressed they shut down the whole world from them. And they get in those back to back relationships they don't take a breather its like they have to be in a relationship at all times to be happy

#17 ok455, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009