1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different types of coming out situations

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Étoile, May 29, 2009.

1. Étoile

Can you list the different types of coming outs that you know of? Here's some that comes of the top of my head:

Serious Coming Out: No puns or funny jokes here. This one is like, "Mom and Dad, I need to tell you something." or "Please don't be ashamed of me, but..." You know this could turn out terribly well or terribly bad. Fun rating: 0, Relief right after: Depends on outcome

Backlash Coming Out: In order to get back at someone, you, rather by accident or on purpose, come out to them. This probably won't end well either since the conversation tone was tense to begin with. May be followed by more crying, yelling, and exaggerated gestures. Fun Rating: 0, Relief right after: 0

Spontaneous Coming Out: You decided, "Oh, the heck with it, let me just tell him/her/them." or "It's either now or never." These are just spur-of-the moment coming outs which outcomes can be as unpredictable as its start. May be followed by shocked expressions or looks of meh. Fun rating: Depends, Relief right after: Depends

Lanced: From the (ex)-pop singer Lance Bass, who was outed by Perez Hilton, which kinda forced him to give his reply. This type of coming out situation is particularly cruel since you had no control over it. Worse if it's to someone you didn't want to know yet or is a group lance. Fun rating: 0, Relief right after: 0

Anti-Climatic Coming Out: You've packed your bags, found a bearable job, have your Runaway Plan ready and double-checked. You've prepared yourself for the worse. Your nerves are out of control. Your mouth is dry. You feel light-headed. You tell the person the two words. Their response, "So?" Wha?!?! You were overeacting all this time for nothing. Fun rating: 7 (you were prepared for something huge!), Relief: 10

Boomerang Coming Out (My favorite): You come out to someone, and they come out to you too! Probably the greatest feeling in the world. May be followed by laughter, jokes, and huggles.(*hug*) Fun rating: 10, Relief: 10

#1 Étoile, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
  2. MusicIsLife

Milk[ed] coming out: After watching the movie Milk, you come out to everyone.
    Myspace/Facebook Coming Out: Setting your relationship thing to Gay/Lesbian as opposed to No Answer.

Thats all I can think of.

3. Shevanel

See what happens to me with these kinds of coming outs, is that usually the person tells me that they also have a crush on me. Not fun. Very awkward. Pisses me off too. like how unfair is that.

4. Ben

Ben

Accidental coming out: Revealing your sexuality without wanting or planning to. E.g. Not deleting computer history, or being accidentally outed by someone.

5. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "You didn't know already!?!"
    When you're fully out of the closet and open about your sexuality but there's always that one person that didn't find out or realise. Very hilarious when they're like "OMG YOU'RE GAY1?!!?!?" and you just sit there saying "Yeah... I came out ages ago." and everyone in the room but them knew.
    Hilarity: 10
    Feeling afterwards: 10

6. katie

or someone walking in on u...

7. Greggers

Lol, yup. :thumbsup:

That happens to me alot.

What about...

The Super-Gay Themed Computer Desktop Coming Out - When you have your desktop set to something that is too gay for words, almost always including one or more men of an attractive and sometimes not so clothed nature, and maybe the odd saying such as "Lots of things you can do with a stopwatch". People see the desktop and without words you have just communicated "Im gay. And not just gay. Im gay gay." Hilarity: 11. Feeling Afterwards: Depends.

Maybe that one is just me...

8. Harve

There's the instant messing coming out..... Not good if you want to know how they are reacting LOL.

9. Stuie

The coming out to get the person to shut up about people they find attractive:
    When a person is blabbering away to you about attractive members of the opposite sex, you come out to them to get them to shut up, because it's pissing you off. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Hilarity: Normally about a 7 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Feeling after: About a 7 as well, as you know the person will never irritate you again with their banter about members of the opposite sex. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's my personal favourite. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#9 Stuie, May 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
  10. gaius

gaius Guest

The, everyone else outs you to the one idiot that didn't know and said something: this happened at our hockey team hustings, where my friend who was gay was standing for a position to do all the publicity and he made a joke about making it all sparkly making everyone laugh, but one guy said hang on lets not get too gay, after my Friend had left the room so voting could begin, the whole team started laughing at the one guy that didn't know, i've never seen anyone go so red faced! "Am i the only one who didn't know he was gay!" was very funny

11. Just Adam

hmm im gonna go with no more torchwood for you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol

12. matty123

i love torchwood lol

13. GhostDog

The "So, are You Gay?" Coming Out: Your friend has already guessed and asks you point blank. =P That'll learn me to respond to "I think she was hitting on you!" with "Hmmm! =)" Fun relies entirely on the friend, but mine was around an 8! My friend was pretty awesome. Relief: A bunch!

14. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

The Potential Bullet to the Brain Coming Out:

You have been captured by enemy forces and they have taken you to the holding chamber. After several days of stale bread and water, your captors blindfold you and take you an unknown room in the army complex. After removing the filthy cloth from your eyes, you can see that you are seated in a chair with a fluorescent light overhead. There isn't much else in the room besides a door to your right and you begin to think that the light really isn't complementary to your skin tone.

Suddenly, three men enter the room, carrying a large stack of photographs. The largest one stands back as the younger two begin showing you pictures. Each photo depicts a different lewd act with a different set of people. After each picture, the large man asks how that makes you feel. When you refuse to answer, the leader (who bears a striking resemblance to Fidel Castro) pulls out a semi-automatic handgun. He presses it to your temple and asks, "Now, I'm going to give you ten seconds to answer. Are you gay?"

You can begin to feel the sweat beading on your forehead as you feel the cool steel pressing against the side of your face. You hear a click and scream, "I'm gay! I'm gay! Just don't shoot me, man."

The room is silent for a moment. The leader moves out of the shadows and squats down to look you directly in the eye.

"So am I."

He rips off his shirt to reveal a rainbow flag tattooed on his chest. He smiled and gives you a gigantic bear hug before telling his men to help you get cleaned up. As you stagger out of the room, the leader says, "You are a part of the rebellion now. You are a part of the gay army."

15. partietraumatic

The you don't know that they know

They somehow found out,but you don't know they've found out. You then have the confrontation when they tell you they know.

This happened to me. One of my close male friends found out from his girlfriend who i am also close friends with. She didn't tell him,but he asked her if i was and shes not a great lier :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Anyway at a party that week we had a convo,but it was hilarious coz it was almost like a role reversal.

Him: 'Ok i have something to tell you. Im not sure if you know or not,and i hope you take this well. I know youre gay'
    Me: 'Umm right okay,yeah thats cool'

then we had a hug and a tender moment when he said i could always talk to him,it was lovely lol

good times :grin:

16. edogs334

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That actually happened to me at work- where someone asked if I had a girlfriend. I said "no," and they asked "why not?" For a second I thought of lying or making something up, but then I just spontaneously said "because I'm gay." Fortunately for me, they were pretty nonchalant about it and basically said it wasn't a big deal to them. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone asked about my personal life, so I made a pledge to myself ahead of time to be honest about who I am if asked. I know it's only a matter of time before someone asks and it doesn't go over so well, but I think I'll be prepared for the fall out if/when that happens.

17. ANightDude

They try to get you to come out coming out:

I know a few people this happened to, where the friend, family member, etc, knows the person is gay and pressures them into coming out to them. It could be one of the easiest types, I suppose, but at the same time, a bit annoying.

P.S. The Milk one is my favorite! :slight_smile:

18. Shevanel

Wow Corina <3 You're amazing and I love you. (*hug*)

19. ANightDude

What an imagination :lol:

20. moirai

hahaha this is AMAZING <3