1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK folks - EU elections!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SirBoobalot, May 31, 2009.

1. SirBoobalot

You probably can't have avoided hearing all the media gibbering about how in order to wreak revenge on the main parties, people are going to vote UKIP and BNP and so on. As much as I'd like to assume that people are smarter than that, I'm afraid I'm a cynic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And what's more, I haven't heard anyone mention the third option - why not vote against *all* of them, and spoil your ballot?

I'm probably just annoyed because I become eligible to vote exactly twenty days after the election :wink: But I've printed a bunch of these off and been sticking them up in the polling stations: I figure I should make my point here too. Don't vote for someone you don't really believe in, vote against the lot of 'em!

2. Just Adam

i just aint bothering to vote. really it wont matter who gets in theyre money spongeing nobodys a few in a sea of useless curropt nobodys who break the laws they make and are accountable to nobody

the Eu started off with noble ambition but like most things done with the best of intent it goes bad :frowning2: which iis annoying as i dont like ukip but i agree the Eu should be based on protection and trade not centralisation of power as we no longer have the right to rule ourselves and that is unnacceptable as now people hundreds of miles away i dont know who i cant have a say on are makeing my life misserable with laws atleast here they piss us off we know where to riot

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm voting for the greens. In my region the first 6/7 seats are expected to go to the 3 main parties, and BNP and Green are fighting for the remaining seat. I'm trying to keep the BNP out just to stop them getting a seat.

I would like to think that the British public aren't stupid enough to vote for a group who believes in white supremacy and has a leader who is friends with violent thugs all around Europe. He's also had a conference with ex-ku klux klan members talking about how UK needs cleansing. :rolleyes: They're a bunch of racist, homophobic and sexist morons to be honest, and for them to get the vote would just be awful. They would drag society back for decades and would take away so many rights that it's not even funny to joke about them getting in. I imagine their success as a party would be similar to what Britain is like on the V For Vendetta film, excluding the masked V character and Parliament blowing up etc. It's laughable to think the BNP are all for free speech when they would censor more people than any other political party.

Oh, and the ex youth leader refers to gay people as "AIDs monkeys" which gives you an idea of their target audience.

4. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope that non-UK folks are allowed to get a post in?

Really? At least in Belgium the extreme rightists still hide their intention as "bringing back the values of the nuclear family to Belgium".
    I'm always flabbergasted that a lot of people don't get what they mean by that, so perhaps it would be better if they did the whole frontal assault thing.

It seems the UK isn't all that different from the rest of Europe though. everywhere I hear from, people are going to punish the ruling parties for their domestic policies by voting some extremist parties into the EU parliament (that'll teach them!). And then they're going to complain how the EU parliament doesn't get anything done, sigh...

5. Just Adam

i still dont get this, it just screams as main stream party voting tactic.

in the uk people are mad furious at the main partys but we havent become right wing nutters so why would we vote for them? to punish the partys we would be shooting ourselves.

its the main party members who started and still keep saying that people must vote bnp in anger they are making such a big dark picture of a stupid little party nobody likes to whip up fear voting to go.. " we cant vote for these monsters we must vote for labour or whatever" when really not many people left tp themselves would vote for the thuggish bastards but I fear the govt has shot themselves with this plan and us as people in some small number vote for bnp just because the govt told them not too not because they were angry over curroption.

i aint voting ukip theyre a joke really no real political power, green party i voted for them last time locally but im just so fed up with the bitching i see them doing about how were killing the planet its to hippy activist for me no real political effort other than oh the planet. other smaller partys are meaningless no power so no hope.

ill see who i vote for liberals havent said much labour wont get my vote anyway conservatives i like the Eu policy but i dont like them alot based on their lgbt views

conservs though... do need to not side with right wing partys which i dont like :frowning2:.. oh this is more hastle than its worth,

cameron on tv just said a party they hope to join in the Eu to make a band for less power just trade he doesent support the anti gay marches they support he has in the past said about how they want the gay vote.... he really needs to clrify his lgbt stance for me if im to vote for them

ok ive decided ikm not Eu voting ! as i really cant see the use of it due to my own past posts ive re convinced myself

now the general ellection to think of hmmm

6. gaius

gaius Guest

DON'T SPOIL YOUR VOTE! this is your chance to learn about political parties and make a choice upon who you want standing up for britain in the EU parlement. Learn about the party's before you blow them all off as useless. Don't vote UKIP or the BNP because they don't want to be in Europe, so they're not going to do a very good job representing your interests there! There are many politicians standing and the vast majority are decent hard working people who believe deeply in the cause they stand for, don't condemn the many by the actions of just a few, I'm voting labour, i'm a party member and i've been to their campaign talks, hosted by eddie izzard, the politicians you see there are the ground level people, not the ones in the commons all the time but the people who work for their constituents. If you know everything about every party and you still can't find someone to vote for then why aren't you standing for election? much love xxx ste

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The BNP are like that in some respects. I've noticed lately that a lot of their extreme articles they had on their site have been removed with election time near, and that they're trying to portray an image of making Britain a national elite. They're worryingly close to Nazi's as they have an ideology of what British people should be like.

I could go on for years about how sick their policies are, which include preserving racial differences (ie no inter-racial relationships), removing citizenship of any citizens who are not Caucasian, and that homosexuality should be "returned to the closet where it belongs".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party#Policies

That goes into more details about their policies. You'll probably notice some worrying ones that have been implemented in the past.

They're currently battling to get seats in the european parliament, and if the media is correct with its reports then they may just get a few. Whether it's the start of them growing into a mainstream political party is unknown, but it's happened before in history so there is no reason it can't happen again. The recent scandals and the removal of their extremist articles on their site is playing right into their hands, and there are vulnerable members of the public who are taken in by their views.