1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you EC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by crimsonarcher, May 31, 2009.

1. crimsonarcher

I don't know if I already did this thread, but I feel like this should be posted for everyone.

OK...

With my birthday being tomorrow, and getting the email from EC wishing me happy birthday, it made me realize how much EC and its moderators and members had helped me in my last 3 years on this site. From the very first post to my coming out story that I never thought I would ever post, everybody has been so supportive, and it shows that despite the vast distances that the members represent, people are very nice at heart, at least most of people on the internet. I am so happy that such a forum is available for young coming out teens and mature coming out adults, and all those in between.
    For many, this forum is actually a lifeline to those on the brink of suicide or self-harm or running away, etc. I am happy to be here for 3 years, asking for advice, sharing my stories, making some really cool friends, and so much more. Being a Mexican youth, it was really difficult to come out to myself and others, but when I came here, I contacted a few other Mexican nationals and in the U.S. about my struggle, and they were more than helpful.
    Lastly, I just want to say thank you, Ec and all its members. You are all cool, awesome, and I give you two thumbs up! May this forum go on till the end of time!
    :grin:

2. Shevanel

(*hug*) I'm sure I didn't contribute much to helping you but you're awesome :slight_smile: It makes me really happy to see posts like this :slight_smile: If I did contribute at all, its no problem (as i'm sure it is no problem to all of EC as thats its purpose) as it is my purpose also :slight_smile: (*hug*)

3. Rygirl

Hey!

I'm so Glad that EC has helped you, I know what you mean about them being the worlds best friends, they've also helped me through some pretty tough times with my family, and when I finally do come out, I know that they will all be there for me. It is a real comfort knowing that someone is there for me, and I love it when I get a message saying that I actually helped someone.

We're all a big EC family now, and I couldn't imagine this place without a single one of these people.(&&&)

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love seeing posts like this (*hug*) I made my own a couple of months ago and I still mean it. EC has made the most amazing difference in my life and is probably a good part of the reason I'm not committed right now.

5. Eleanor Rigby

Ec is absolutly wonderful. Even for straight married woman who doesn't have coming out issues, like me :wink:
    Ec helps me more than you can guess and I consider a lot of members here as very dear friends. Anytime I feel down, or need to talk about something, I just have to come here to find someone to listen, understand and help. I also like the idea that, sometimes, I could give a hand to someone too.
    And, to the OP, happy birthday by the way :wink:

6. Ronnie92

Your among one of my best friends on here bud, I am so glad you are happy. So have a great , ( I know a little late but still) birthday and post some more! (*hug*)

7. Eleanor Rigby

I think I did a mistake and made a sentence that didn't say what I meant :
    It was I just have to come here to find someone who'll listen, understand and help
    I'm sorry, my english is getting worse every day :icon_sad: