1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parent's Can Be Embarrasing...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScottieBB, Jun 2, 2009.

1. ScottieBB

Tell your stories of a time when a parent embarrased you!

The most embarrasing story that happened to me is when I ran into Wal-Mart for my father, with my friend. We were looking around and out of no where the fire alarm went off in the store. So everyone had to go out into the parking lot. I get back into the car to wait for them to allow us back in the store. Well my dad is parked right where everyone is waiting, so a ton of people are around the car. I forget if it was Britney Spears, or Kelly Clarkson, or who it was, but all of a sudden he starts blasting it and everyone was staring at us and giving us dirty looks, and laughing. I was so pissed and embarrased I wanted to curl up and die right then and there.

2. XXX Lou XXX

Once when I was shopping with my mum, she told me she was gonna go into one of the shops, so I was like 'ok, i'll meet you in a bit', and started to walk off. Then she shouted at the top of her voice 'wait, do you want to come into Primark with me Louisa? They have really cheap bras in there!'. It was really crowded and quite a few people turned round and stared, and even worse, a few of my mates were walking past at the time too!

3. Shevanel

My Father. There are too many embarrassing stories about him just doing the shit he does in public and me not wanting to be related. He's just ridiculous.

4. Dazed

Dazed Guest

my sister and my dad. they walked around the store pretending to be special ed. i was like O_O

5. Courtneyyy

My mom worked at my elementary school, and then when it was time for me to go to , junior high my mom was like oh I'm done driving so far, I want to find a closer school to work at, and the only school within like 5 miles with an opening was my neighborhood junior high (where my brother was already attending and I was about to start attending).

When she worked at my elementary school she sang the song "Feelings" on the announcements one morning, saying if no students signed up to do the announcements, she would sing every day.

Then, in the 8th grade, junior high, my math class was in the same hallway as her classroom. One day, she randomly came into the classroom and kissed me on the top of the head, and then left. Without saying a word.

(Ok, so I actually didn't get embarrassed by either of these things, but I feel like they are things that normal people would get embarrassed by.)

6. ScottieBB

I know what you mean! My dad embarrased me alot in public, he would yell at me in front of people, he was one of those people who if his food was cold from a restaurant he would yell and belittle whoever he first saw that worked there, I remember one time he was yelling at me outside so bad a neighbor actually had to come outside and tell him to stop, guess what he did, told them off to. So embarrasing! UGH He was such an ass lol

(!) I like being old enough to live alone! (!)

The bills I could do without tho :grin:

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Parents are made to embarrass you. I suspect the EC parents may disagree though. :wink:

My mum actually acts more immature than me most of the time! Ages ago I was at the supermarket with my mum and sister, and this worker walks past dragging this massive cardboard box. My mum grabs the box causing the worker to bounce back, and my mum turns away making it look like me and my sister just did it. The worker gave us an evil glare before leaving, and my mum just stood there giggling to herself. >.<

My grandad is the most embarrassing though. He's opinionated as hell but also partially deaf which causes him to shout what he thinks he is whispering. It can be pretty embarrassing when he's slagging somebody off when they're in hearing distance.

8. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    hmmm well one time when miley cyrus was beggining to take off my dad decided it was ok to play achy breaky heart blasting out of the car while he dropped me off at high school i felt so cool...not

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Nope....I totally agree! I love doing that to my kids. :icon_bigg

My mother always embarrassed me when she would burst out in song in the grocery store. It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't mix up the lyrics with the music. She'd sing the lyrics to one song to music of another.

There was a couple times my Dad embarrassed me pretty bad with boyfriends. When I was 16 I dated a 21 year old which made my Dad crazy anyway. Well my bf came over to visit while I was painting my room. My Dad would not allow any boys in my bedroom but since I was "working", he allowed it. Well when I came out, one of the buttons on my shirt had come undone. My Dad was convinced we were making out in there and just lit into me in front of my boyfriend. It was humiliating.

Then another time a boyfriend stood me up when we were supposed to have a date. My Dad pulled him over downtown and chewed him up one side and down the other for what he did to me. It was embarrassing at the time but looking back, I'm very proud of him for doing that!

10. ScottieBB

:roflmao: That is so funny, I can picture it

11. ScottieBB

:eusa_naug Shame on you!

Any funny stories about a time you embarrased your kids then??? :lol:

12. paco

paco Guest

my dad wears socks and sandals all the time.

[​IMG]

these kind of sandals.

13. Greggers

My mother talks to people that know me.

Nuff said.

Id rather people that know me dont talk to her, because it reflects badly on me.

14. pirateninja

My mom likes to call me the pet names she's had for me in front of my friends; mostly "Cherub" and worst of all, "Holly Polly". :dry:

Don't laugh! I can see you laughing!

15. Eleanor Rigby

My mum gives me pet names I won't wish to my worst ennemy, and she calls me with these names in public.
    She also calls me at school, especially when I am in the middle of a parents meeting, and I am oblige to say "No mum, I can't talk to you now", great thing to do for a headteacher in front of pupills parents.

16. Nodnarb

Due to some volunteer work she does, it seems like most people around town, and most kids in my school, know my mom. Sometimes she'll talk to people I know, and if I'm not around, she will tell them just about any embarrassing story about me. It's even worse when it's one of your friends. You have know idea how awkward it is to have a friend greet you by saying "I talked to your mom last night..." (and proceed to re-tell some memory you had tried to forget).

17. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well they would always get embarrassed when I'd pick them up from high school in the day care van. Its a 12 passenger. lol

I had a nudey-petutey picture of my son as a baby that was on the wall for years. He took that down about the time he reached puberty.

Oh and there was the time I told them that Adam was conceived in the bedroom of Grandma's house. They all just gasped in horror! My daughter screamed "My God Mom, Jesus was hanging on the wall and you were doing it in Grandma's bedroom?" :roflmao: We were there for her funeral so there were alot of people around wondering what we were laughing about so then we had to tell the whole freakin' family the story. My cousin said "I think I did it a few times in there too!" lol That was probably the best time that I embarrassed them.

18. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

We went on a trip to Puerto Rico ehn i was like 12-14ish and my mother decided that she didnt like the underwear I brought. So she took me and the WHOLE family to K-Mart to get me some. I went got my size and brought it to the car with no one noticing...that is untill we were at the check out counter and she didnt like that they were white. So she did a "Aww hells no" at the checkout line and proceeded to take me and the family to get better underwear. She proceeded to shout to the whole store. "this one wont fit his package" "this is to big to fit his package" "look at the pretty design on this one" "look This one lets your wevos breath" "This one hassquares...I hate squares" "you can try out thongs, they look pretty". A lot of the people in that section where laughing at me, there was no laughing with.

Now for christmas or my birthday all I get is underwear from my family while everone gets money, jewlery etc. I mean they gave my brother a nice silver chain last christmas and they gave me underwear.:tantrum:
    FMLM

19. Colly

My mother has a horrible habit of repeating things I tell her quietly, rather loudly - so that anyone within remote earshot hears.

My father has the worlds LONGEST eyebrows. They're horrible. I don't like being seen in public with him because of them.

20. KittyBoy

My dad trys to joke about hunting peple down with a shotgun, in order to make sure business transactions go 'right'. My mum asked my best friends (both girls) if was dating one or both of them, and she now spreads it everywhere that I am dating two girls, ironic that I'm gay.