1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Been 2 Pride Parade(s)??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nataleee, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Nataleee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was just wondering how many people here have been to a Pride Parade?
    I would LOVE to go to one someday and would like to know what all goes on there and experiences anyones had at one!
    Bad thing is there are none that go on around where I live really... the closest ones like an hour or two away and well, I dont have anyone to really take me. lol maybe I should try asking my mom... bet she'd love that! haha.. since she's homophobic and all...:lol:
    Well please share your experiance(s)!
    Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. CrimsonThunder

Never been to one. Dunno if I'd like to though.

3. Nataleee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why's that?
    j/w.

4. CrimsonThunder

I don't want people that I don't want to know seeing pictures in the newspaper.

5. Nataleee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh... well what I say is if they don't like it then screw um.
    You don't need those kind of people in your life anyway.
    I mean.. if they don't accept you for who you are then their not your real friends to begin with. ya know? But w/e.. lol thats just my opinion but you only have one life dear so.. yeah..

6. Kimi

Not yet. But I'll go to Tokyo Pride Parade on August 11th(!) (!) (!)

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've been to several. They are really fun. The first couple times I marched with PFLAG but this year I watched and got a whole new perspective. The Portland Gay Men's Volleyball team have the tightest shorts I've ever seen in my life. lol Some of it is quite sexual but alot of it is supportive churches, gay rights organzations and stuff life that. Of course, you will see LOTS of drag queens. :slight_smile:

8. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I went to the Johannesburg Pride Parade last year and I'm planning on going again this year.

9. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

i went to one this year with my boyfriend and some friends in NYC it was great. I've never been in a place so highly concentrated with queer people it was really cool. one of my favorite parts, being a Christian myself, was seeing the huge number of gay Christian groups that headed the parade, these churches seem sooo awesome. there were several random groups also such as the gay square dancing organization haha. there were vendors all around selling pride gear, i ended up buying a belt for myself. After the parade we walked around the city decked out in rainbow attire and we were holding hands, and we didn't hear any comments from passerbys which was cool. we also saw tons of gay people scattered around the city later that day , i think that NYC draws an especially large population for the pride march.

anyways i would definitely recommend going its a ton of fun and an experience you will always remember

10. justjoshoh

Natalee,

Relatively speaking, Dayton is not too far away from Defiance. I went to the Dayton Pride Parade and celebration this past year and had a great time. There was a parade of about 15-20 groups. The parade ended at the Courthouse Square, where a celebration occurred afterward. There was a mass commitment ceremony at the celebration, some performances, vendors, all and all a good time. The Dayton Daily News has pictures of the event.

11. Red87

No... But I'd love to go to one sometime.

12. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

go to the NYC one next year! its awesome

13. Cloud Nine 5

I'm surprised how people can go there and declare their sexuality. If being gay was JUST being attracted to man and the rest of your life was as easy as a straight man's, I'd get it. You're just proud of who you are.

But I don't know about going and showing to the world that you're a man who won't have it as good as them (atleast that's what it seems like to them) when you grow up, like "hey look at me, I'll NEVER have kids!!". Blah. No offense to anyone, good for you if you're happy with others knowing all about you. :slight_smile:

#13 Cloud Nine 5, Jul 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  14. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

wait, so its bad to be proud of yourself for being gay? i guess i didnt get that memo

15. Cloud Nine 5

No, I said it's good others are all open about it. I wish I was the same. Don't be mistaken though, I'm not going to be ashamed at all when I come out. I actually almost/kinda came out and I stood up for myself and gay people completely.

The thing is when I thought I saw a group of people I HATE near a gay club I was at, I wasn't comfortable that to them it will be like they won. It's just too sad sometimes to think you'll never have kids and that's the one thing I'm not happy with. I don't give a damn what people think about me being with other guys, but them knowing I won't have it easy and that I'm not gonna have a kids and a family annoys the hell out of me cause I'm pissed about that myself.

16. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

just because you probably wont have biological children doesnt mean you can't have kids. adoption is an equally rewarding type of parenting. and if you are absolutely determined to have biological children you could always pay for a surrogate mother. my aunts have four kids; they are absolutely some of the best parents i have ever seen

17. Moth

Never been, but I'd love to go. There's some things I don't care for about pride parades, but in general I bet they're a lot of fun. It would be a very different experience, I'm sure. Plus, I want some pride accessories and they're hard to find where I live. I'd probably spend way too much money if I went to a pride parade. :B I'll probably get the chance to go in a year or two though, which should be cool. ^_^ I don't usually get the chance to be around a lot of people who are either gay or gay supportive or at least open-minded, so that alone would be cool.