1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook quiz

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Techcompu2, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Techcompu2

on facebook there is a quiz that asks the question, Should same-sex marriage be legal, of course when I took it I said yes.
    shortly after taking it, one of the people who I am 'friends' with on there, who we will call 'T', said
    "your messed up dude are you crazy!!!!! your nasty then you better change that vote or you are not a christian".
    then before I knew that she said that another friend that we will call 'L' said
    "I'm amazed that anyone would suggest that you couldn't be a Christian and hold that same sex couples should be allowed to marry. WWJD? He'd be kind, he'd do unto others. . .; he'd tell us not to judge."

I am now glad that I took this quiz b/c I now have a better clue as to who will be accepting when I come out. :slight_smile:

the quiz can be found here....
    Just thought I would share :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

*considers going back to my secluded quiet area for a while*

2. sdc91

Ah, I just saw that in my feed. One kid who I think is gay voted no. What a closet case.

3. Greggers

I deleted everyone off facebook who would have ever voted "no". :slight_smile:

I dont waste my time anymore.

4. Pfft you still have me on there. =P

5. Starshine16

Two of my so called friends on FB voted no on that poll and one of them is really religious so I am not too surprised.

6. elitechris

I saw that too...
    I have only seen people said yes...
    No no's yet

7. partietraumatic

i dont think ive seen any of my friends voted no,so theyre pretty good :slight_smile:

8. Doreibo

Hmm at a Catholic school but every one is pretty cool with it. Even the priest isn't judgmental of it. Then again we are also Jesuits. . .kinda bending to the wind here.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm surprised how many of my friends took the quiz. I'm not surprised by their answers, though. :slight_smile:

I haven't taken the quiz. I don't do applications on facebook.

Lex

10. Fiorino

Yeah-I took the quiz after a girl I know voted "no". Her life is kind of controlled by religion though. I was so pissed that she put that, but it's not really surprising.
    And hey-73% of people are for it, that's not bad!
    It's interesting to read the comments people have left on that app.
    You have gay bashers, and then people who come to our defense.
    They give very valid arguments but the bigots won't hear it, of course,
    they're bigots!

11. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I voted yes. Big shock there LOL.

12. brighteyes52

brighteyes52 Guest

I voted 'Yes' obviously.

73% is phenomenal and more than I expected to be honest.. lately I've been looking for something to talk about in terms of a blog, etc. So when I read all the hateful comments I couldn't resist, I had to reply.

"I am Bisexual. I take favor in men over women though, and there is nothing wrong with that. I was born with brown hair, brown eyes, and the love for both men and women! I am not ashamed and I will never allow someone to tell me who I am is wrong or not the person I am meant to be. I don't bash anyone for their lifestyles, I just accept their beliefs and opinions. While all I am doing is purely LOVING someone and nothing else, people are judging and tormenting something that has no effect to them what so ever!

Myself? I choose to NEVER judge, to never accuse, and to never place fault on someone who had no other choice. I was born and I accept that. I love who I am plain and simple. Learn to love yourselves a little bit more and you won't have so much hatred in your hearts."

13. Nodnarb

As of this morning, nobody on my friends list had taken this quiz yet. But this afternoon, four people(including my cousin, J) voted 'yes'. My sister's friend (S) commented on it with "that is completely wrong". J responded with "what's so wrong about it", and S came back with the classic 'adam and steve' line.

J got pissed and told her that if she tried to use her "religion shit" as justification, then her argument was completely invalid. She made a couple more stupid comments, and he asked her to give him a logical reason to oppose it. She stopped responding there:slight_smile:

14. tylerzane69

i would never delete someone off my profile for voting no, thats just kinda mean. everyone is entitled to their opinion on things. even if someone was against gay marraige i would still consider them my friend as long as they had a logical reason why they are against it, cuz to be honest im not all for it either, i get the part on having equal rights and benifits but to be honest i see the gay community as being a bit promiscuous and if i was married to someone and found out they were cheating on me, that would be a really big mess to go through and im not sure if im a strong enough person for it.

15. paco

paco Guest

i voted yes for sure.

but i also took a "how gay are you?" quiz (and got 11% :frowning2:) and proceeded to have a very riducious 31 comment long chat with a friend about it.. she ended up turning gay, and we helped plan the gay takeover of the world :slight_smile:

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    All my friends who have taken it and have said yes...except one. A high school classmate who was pretty hip and cool in high school. Now she's a Catholic mom. I'm pretty sure her child was born out of wedlock and she's always talking about partying it up yet she doesn't think gays should get married. I just had to comment. :grin: I told her that I knew she was Catholic and if this were to become legal in Oregon, her church would never be forced to recognize same-sex marriages. I told her this was a civil rights issue and that everybody deserved equal rights. I said "My son was born gay. He cannot marry the person he loves unlike my daughters. That is not right. What if your child were gay? Wouldn't you want equal rights for her?"

She didn't answer me back.

17. paco

paco Guest

(*hug*)(*hug*) can i reverse adopt you?

18. starfish

I didn't vote because because "No, the government should not recognize any marriage" is not a choice.