1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My security blanket is gone. :(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Mind Freak

My cell phone is my security blanket. I'm attached to it like nobody's business. Lol. But today I shorted it out. I forgot it was in my swimming trunks pocket and I got in the pool. : (

So now I don't have a cell phone until my step dad gets me a new one; luckily we have insurance on it. He said he would when he has time which I hope is tomorrow because I have a wee bit of anxiety since I'm phoneless.

When I have it I feel safe, secure, and comfortable. Without it not so much. Just knowing it's in my pocket makes me feel better. Lol. Am I pathetic?

2. Bryan44

Nope your not pathetic, I am the same way. I dont go anywhere without my phone haha, I barely can function without it. I used to be really bad though, I slept with it in my hand at night just so I would know it was there, now I think that was pathetic, Ive gotten to the point now where I can lay it beside me and not hold it haha.

3. Mind Freak

Lol. I always kept it within 10 feet of me. I couldn't sleep with it in my hand though. I would probably throw it at the wall on accident; I sleep wild sometimes. Haha.

4. -Michael-

Yes.

5. RaRa

I feel as if I wrote this. xD

6. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I second that but withlots of love and this--->(*hug*)

7. Jeimuzu

Losing my phone would make me feel insecure, not because it's a security blanket, but because it's kinda vital to my day-to-day life. (*hug*)

8. Poring

Hehe, I have the same feeling towards my phone. and I guess like most of the other people I know; they can't live without a phone.

However, for me, it gives me a sense of 'connection' with the outside world, because sometimes I feel so alone and sad :frowning2:

I think the worst for me is losing your phone, and then losing all the contacts you had in it! *gasp*

9. davo-man

Hmm, I kind of resent my phone. Like, I love it to bits cos it's so useful as a music player/internet provide/video player etc, but honestly I have days where I just leave it in my room and forget about it. And I don't feel bad about that either. If people have messages for me, then they can wait. I like having the freedom of not feeling like I need to have my phone next to me at all times

But apart from that, I luuuuuurv my phone to bits :grin:

10. Tim

Tim

Never had a cell phone, and personally, I can't imagine having one. All I can think it'd be useful for is for people trying to find me.

I never understood people's obsession with them... Although a cell phone would let me talk to some of my friends who moved away (Cell phone I'd pay for, home phone my mom does ._.) or online friends I've known for years...

However, relying so much on a cell phone isn't good... you should really try to tone it down :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I myself have never had one, I don't really want one either. I don't know why everyone is so into them really, I guess I just don't like to talk all day because then when I see someone in person I am afraid we'll have nothing to talk about anymore. I do hope you get a new one though.

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If my partner leaves his cell phone in the car when we go to a restaurant or something, he'll clutch for it at least once every five minutes. Honestly, I should just go to the car and get it for him. The only reason he doesn't go get it himself is that he thinks I'll make fun of him for it.

...T minus nine days until the new iPhone comes out. At which point he'll upgrade, and I'll get the castoff . Which means the gargoyle will finally have a cell phone...and I'll see how quickly I can move up to "pathetic" category.

Lex

13. Just Adam

i actually fancy an iphone s but my contracts got a long time yet till i can upgrade so it will be a new phone out by then lol so oh well

14. xequar

I've never understood why someone still in high school needs a cell phone. I didn't get one until my sophomore year of college, and that was only because my car had passed 150,000 miles by then.

Even now, I don't care as much about having a phone. But, having all the other things that the iPhone does is really sweet, and I feel naked without it in my pocket.

15. Curiosity

Curiosity Guest

I dont know what I would do without my phone.. Last year I took it in my pool too. For 6 days I was clueless as to what to do.

16. riddlerno1

Its quite crazy that we cant live without a mobile!! I know when my phone dropped outta my pocket on a train and then couldnt be found i actually went and bought one that very same afternoon!! The anxiety just got too much!!

17. Kaim

Kaim Guest

I have a phone myself, but I'm not really crazy about it. I really don't use it often either, it just sits in my pocket so that people can contact me. Especially my brother and his girlfriend. He gets very edgy when I don't answer the phone when he or his girlfriend calls. I mean, I've never been the super popular I'm Friends With Everyone type, so I don't use my phone too often.

18. ok455

wow i don't get people cell phone obsession i actually prefer using the land line. I have a cellphone but it just sits around people contact me via messager on the computer. Especially the texting and the phone calling

19. Mind Freak

Lol. Idk how to describe it. I've had a cell phone since 6th grade so almost 5 years now. And I pretty much always keep it in my pocket or near me, so I guess after a while it kind of gets like clothes.

A very active part in my life so without it I don't feel as comfortable.

Get it?

And when I'm alone or uncomfortable I can just pick up my cell phone press a few buttons and I'll be connected to someone to socialize or busy myself with.

But I get a new one Friday.

Woo! I can't wait. I'll just have to rebuild my contact list and I'll be texting again in no time. : )

#19 Mind Freak, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  20. starfish

To me if I don't have my cell phone I feel like I am walking around with out pants on.