1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going To Costa Rica June 16th

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Davey, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Davey

OK!
    so i'm freaking out here! in like less than a week i am headed out to Costa Rica for a week. I know it will be fun once i get down there but i am freaking because of the flight(s). I have never flown before and truthfully the idea is scaring the living daylights out of me. I know i will have fun if i can get myself to Costa Rica but i'm not sure i can get myself on that plane!

Ill have fun because once we are there we are zip lining, white water rafting, taking a river tour, riding throught he mountains on horseback, and so much other things.

I'm lucky because my boyfriend is going with me but i'm still pretty worried. I just can't help but start freaking out when i think about it!

lol i'm a mess!!!

2. musican

I went to Costa Rica with a school group and it was SO fun. We did a zip line and it was sort of scary, but exhilarating and really cool. It was my first flight when I went to Costa Rica. I was a little nervous too, but I talked to the other students near me and mentioned that I'd never flown and they told me a few things. They said that the take off would feel really weird. They suggested that I chewed gum because my ears might pop while we're in the air. They said that if we hit turbulence that I shouldn't be too afraid. They also warned me that the landing would me kind of awkward and jerky.

My flights were fine, and I hope yours are too :slight_smile: Have fun!

3. Davey

thanks.
    i was warned of the same things. you didn't happen to go with a Jerry West did you? lol

4. sdc91

Oooooh, have fun! I love flying.

Yeah, I'd just give the advice aforementioned. And since you've never been on a plane, I guess you should pay attention to the safety demos before the flight takes off (even though no one else will).

Flying internationally is a bit different from flying domestically, so this isn't really a good indicator of what flying is like if you were to just fly to another state. You'll go through customs and all that good stuff.

5. paco

paco Guest

eh no worries, i go on planes all the time, nothing ever happens, they go up, they go down.

funny, my parents are in costa rica right now and they've been whitewater rafting, ziplining, and horseback riding :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. acorn7

The first (and only) time I flew was to Costa Rica. It's a beautiful country :slight_smile: Have fun!

7. Davey

thanks all.
    i like to hear how many other people have been on planes and survived! lol.
    it was kind of funny though because i got movies to watch tonight and i rented Passengers...which is about plane crash victims. I laughed. hehe.

i know i'll be fine but i can't help myself from worrying. i'm a worrier. its what i do.

8. revolutionrock

It'll be great! The worst part for me is the roar of the engines, but it is pretty easily drowned out or gotten used to.

I will be flying to Prague on Monday. I am excited! Woo for international travel. :grin:

9. Davey

Whoo!!!!!!

10. musicgirl112233

Thats Awesome! Have a great time!

11. sdc91

Yeah, don't worry. I've flown probably a hundred times.

Wow, I'm jealous! Have you been there before? I think it's the most beautiful city in the world (up there with Paris and Vienna). The only thing is you'll feel stupid because you won't be able to read anything since Czech is hard to even look at.

12. Davey

WELL!!!
    I'm back!
    the trip was pretty fun. could have been a better group but eh over all nice. I've have some pictures up soon i hope.
    PURA VIDA!