1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first pride event!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jtonka1, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Jtonka1

Okay, so this weekend was the Gay pride in my area and I had a blast. Like it all started friday when i was out with my friend and she invited a guy who i honestly do not like at all (lets call him Steve). Well we actually made plans that if he got boring or dragging us down we we're gonna ditch him. We didn't hang out long before i got a call from friends asking me where i was. I told the the mall and they acted like i was dumb and told me to come to pride. I asked my friend and she said cool and steven said "yeah, lets go". Needless to say i was SHOCKED! He is straight but doesn't really care. He kinda plays the live and let live role and he tagged along and next thing i know we were all at pride and steve was getting hit on like CRAZY. Unfortunatly we got there late and it ended. My chicka friend had plans with someone else the next day and steve offered to take me to pride the next two days. I wasn't going to pass this up. So I went to pride all weekend with steven (who was dubbed straight boy with a few friends i met up there). You would have never guessed he was straight though i mean we danced and partied together and kissed a few time (just kinda fun here and there) and he totally suprised me. I'd like you all to take in mind i am 18 and so there was some other things going on but nothing to bad. I had a blast and never felt more proud to be gay. Steve's position on gays actually shifted. He is no longer live and let live but Supports gay rights completely now. He is the best guy friend i ever had. Funny how life works right?

Just thought i'd share my first pride experince.

2. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for going to your first pride and having a new friend :slight_smile:

3. Greggers

Thats a great story! Most especially the getting to kiss a straight boy part :wink:

Im glad you had a good pride. Im even more glad you converted someone to our cause. Thats just great! I hope everyone can go to pride and have just as wonderful a time :slight_smile:

4. Shimmi

Shimmi Guest

That's crazy how life works. It sounds like you had a blast. I hope my first pride outting is just as great. :slight_smile: