1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with WBC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by UnderARock, Jul 14, 2007.

1. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry for getting more serious and political than EC normally. I just found out that the westboro baptist church made a music video. They make me so sick. I have been thinking and i dont know wat to do with them. I'm pro-free speech and anti-censorship but i feel that they should not be allow to spread their message. Im pro-peace but deep down i hope they find an untimely horrible death. They make me so angery. If you could do something about them what would you do? As much as its an oxymoron should there be a limit on free speech?

Sorry for getting so serious but im fuming atm

2. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't worry, at some point they are going to picket the wrong soldier's funeral and get shot.

3. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    but is it right to want some1 to die

4. Micah

Do you by any chance of a link to this music video? If not - have you seen it? I'd like to know what it contains..

5. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
  6. davo-man

Im ont really offended (im hard to get offended), but this makes me pity them...not only that they use THER lives to condemn others, cos thats just gunna backfire on them in any religion (ie if theyre right, then theyre goin ito hell if theyre wrong, gods not gunna like them paying everyone one and if theres no afterlife then theyve just wasted their lives), but their logic is simply flawed...I mean have they actually read the bible?...i mean i cant say that i hae, but the general gist i get is that god is all forgiveness and love, unless you refuse to wanna be forgiven...pretty much why would you bother condemning others?...it just doesnt make sense...grrr

7. CrimsonThunder

Oh is this one of those god hates fags thing... Dude they're so fucked in the head, just don't worry about what they think!

8. Kimi

Why not??

I mean, these people in that video wanting all gay people to die:shrug:

9. CrimsonThunder

I want my manager at work to die, I feel terrible thinking it but shes such a bitch. >_>

10. 24601

The WBC is insane. Like, seriously, they make me sick. Like Negasta said, one of these days they're going to get shot. Probably not from the wrath of God. But honestly, I've seen a lot of their stuff, until I got sick of hearing them, and it's just despicable. I don't wish death on people very often, but I wish death on them. They're ridiculous. Seriously, let's take their idea, and instead of godhatesfags.com or priestsrapeboys.com or whatever theirs are, we should make godhateswbc.com. Hah, maybe it already exists.

Edit: It does exist, haha.

#10 24601, Jul 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  11. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe in free speech. And I think, their message is so radical (and stupid) that most people are going to be appalled by it. Most churches would never participate in something like that. It causes ill feelings, but the message really doesn't even make sense. "God hates the world" - um, aren't all those people part of the world God hates. I don't know. Wow is all I can really say. They need people to love them, love them, and love them some more. Their hate is killing them, but I would never wish them dead. They are more scared and hurting than most of the people on the planet. I am grieved for them!:tears:

12. Red87

13. RomanceSlayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    that song is just stupid
    they are ridiculous...their fanatism is making them to go insane...lol

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think the Phelps have actually moved people to support gays which is a good thing! They are so radical and hateful that nobody wants to be a part of that.

I had a cousin who died in Iraq last summer and they announced to the media they were coming to picket the funeral. Ironically, this is part of my family who wrote rebuttals to my letters to the editor in support of same-sex marriage and had "one man - one woman" bumper stickers on their cars in support of the marriage amendment which eventually passed. When my PFLAG friends and others heard that this was part of my family, they offered to stage a counter-protest and stand in front of them at the funeral with signs of support. The law enforcement ended up getting a restraining order against them to place them so far away from the funeral that they thought they wouldn't be close enough to do any good so they stayed away. It's a good thing because so many people were very angry with them. My cousins' funeral drew 3500 people.

15. GuitarGirl1350

I didn't know they allowed keyboards in the psycho ward. I thought they had too many sharp edges.
    Hmm. Guess I was wrong.
    ---

On a more serious note,
    these are the people you will never be able to talk sense into. They have a small congregation, one day they will piss off the wrong person and get buckshot in their ass. and chest. and lungs. and face.
    Someone did, at some point, place a homemade bomb in Shirley Phelp's van though.
    She wasn't in it when it went off.
    and she called it a hate crime.
    (Ironic much?)