1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Life Final Destination

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NkyJ, Jun 11, 2009.

1. NkyJ

Now, if you are not familiar with or have never seen the Final Destination movies, basically the general idea is that you cannot escape death's plan. The movie takes a group of people who throughout the duration of the film try to escape fate. In the first Final Destination, a group of students is going on a trip to France, but before boarding the plane, one student gets a premonition that the plane is going to explode and tries to warn his fellow students not to get on. Some listen because they're his friends, but others don't. They board the plane and sure enough the plane explodes right after take off. Immediately after that, students are questioned by the FBI who are trying to figure out how they knew not to board the plane. After the interrogation, they all head home, but a couple students do not make it. They are on the highway and a tractor trailer carrying logs loses control and ends up killing the teens.

On June 1, 2009, an Air France Airbus (Flight 477) took off from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, transporting 288 people to Europe. Sadly, however, the plane never arrived at its destination. It entered an area of strong turbulence and crashed into the Atlantic Ocean, killing everyone aboard.

An Italian woman, named Johanna Ganthaler, and her husband Kurt were vacationing in Brazil and they arrived late for Flight 477 and ended up missing the flight. Unfortunately, she and her husband got into a car accident in Kufstein, Austria, when their car veered across a road and crashed into an oncoming truck. She died and her husband was seriously injured.

Weird eh?

News Story on the Air France Airbus Flight 477 crash - http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/06/01/air.france.brazil/index.html#cnnSTCText
    News Story on Car Crash - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article6479203.ece

2. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Tragic co-incidence in my eyes.

Also you've mixed the first 2 Final Destinations together.
    The first movie is the plane crash, and they all end up dying one by one.
    The Teens getting killed by the log truck is final destination 2 :slight_smile:

3. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My mom told me about that. Tragic.

4. NkyJ

Hah, that I did! It's been a long time I've seen them. I just remember the horrible deaths lol

5. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Also worth noting that Final Destination 4 will be out before the end of the year. Does anyone know if they are actually 'real' people? Have seen fictional stories made up like this before other, high profile releases :slight_smile:

6. Zac4

that is really weird.

reminds me of my favorite part of the movie.. alex

[​IMG]

7. Chaos

I told my friends that if I ever have a scary Final Destination-esque vision before we're about to board a plane, leave for a road trip, hop onto a roller coaster etc etc, that I won't forewarn any of them and press on with an evil smile :slight_smile: However, if I want to live at the last second I will ditch them before "it" can happen. :lol:

8. ricoca

I actually realised that and shuddered a little bit.

Pure coincidence though, I think.

9. djt820

The Final Destination movies have a HORRIBLE plot line but have damn creative ways to kill people. All ridiculous in the long run though.

10. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

I lol'd. They were never meant to be based on a true story.......Anyone who takes those types of movies as a possibility of happening in real life, has bigger problems than worrying about plot lines.

11. Lacri

Lacri Guest

Hmmm I love the Final Destination series! I can't wait for the 4th to come out. Sometime in August. They obviously can't happen, that is the whole sinister death part to it. There is as much chance that Freddy Kreuger will come and butcher us in our sleep, that Death will kill us in one of those ways!

12. Étoile

I guess I have serious issues because I still believe horror movies can happen in real life. LOL

Me and horror movies don't mix well.:help:

13. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    omg this is well wierd but i think just co-incidence also i LOVE the final destination movies i thought they had a cool idea with the whole you can't cheat death concept and killing them in the order they would have died on the plane