1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rainbow stickers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greg, Jul 14, 2007.

1. greg

i have for about 6 weeks a rainbow sticker on my car (a rainbow kangaroo, its australia you know). i have had a number of guys try to pick me up in the traffic and a number of other drivers abuse me (not as many as the pickup attempts), i tell others about the abuse and the answer is generally take the sticker off your just asking for trouble this statement from other gays as well, i couldnt believe that response from gays, should i remove the sticker or put a bigger sticker on the car. (the abuse does not worry me i just blow them a kiss).

greg

2. Micah

I say keep it! If the abuse doesn't worry you then forget about it!

Go you for having the courage! The thing stopping me from putting a gay pride sticker on my car is the possibility of it being vandalised. I have no idea how likely that is - but I'd rather not risk it personally.

PS - Just noticed you live in Warburton. KUDOS! Lilydale/Seville/Warbuton general area is pretty dang homophobic.

3. Kimi

Go for bigger one:grin:

But even if you are cool with all abuses, be carefull. I mean when you felt the abuses got worse, maybe it's time to take it off...

4. greg

Dave i havnt had trouble this end of the valley mainly lilydale in, i ve lived up here for just on 20 years, 19 of them as a married guy with 2 kids, warbys kinda small like you know most people and those that you dont know, know you. ive been involved in the fire brigade as a vol for most of that 20 years, i am well known as a brigade member (well ex member since bout march this year) i was capt for 3 years, anyway the town knows that i m an out gay, i havnt had any homophobic abuse up here yet.

greg

5. 24601

Haha, if it doesn't bother you, go for the bigger one. That's so great. I think I love you.

Just don't get yourself hurt.

6. SadConfusedBandGeek

:slight_smile: Good for you!!! Thats really cool, but if the abuse gets worse then maybe take it off, but for now, if it dont bug you, keep being proud!!:slight_smile:(!)

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bigger one. I think I'm going to get a lambda one - see, if I put a rainbow sticker anywhere my dad would kick me out of the house...

8. greg

put a black and white one on:icon_bigg
    greg