1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia 2018/2022 - Come Play!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dictionary, Jun 14, 2009.

1. dictionary

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-opBWFGDC5Q[/YOUTUBE]

well i think it is pretty awsome and i think it would be great if australia were to host the world cup and of course the final would be played in Melbourne... Sydney can have the opener....

2. Just Adam

i dont think anyone should be allowed the world cup who calls it soccer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

England all the way :grin: ( goes off into 3 lions on my shirt)

"its coming home its coming home footballs coming home" XD

3. dictionary

To quote Boris Johnson England is the home of "wiff waff" not football.... but that may be wrong as he called London "The Sporting Capital of The World" when that has constantly been proven to indeed be Melbourne...

4. Just Adam

would love to know how london or melbourne are correct to that statement haha

as far as football goes theres no other capital than wembley as for other sport F1 is ours again :slight_smile:

cricket,tennis,rugby.... would be ours if they stopped doing tv spots and product indorcments( spelling check?) and actually got back to training:S

the lads from down under are good at cricket because i think they try harder and give a dam i look at ours and they are liek meh we want to win but effort nah

tennis well andy cut his knuckle this week getting frustrated at himself so he cares.. needs to get better buts doing it :slight_smile:

oh and for gods sake dont listen to borris johnson he doesent know a horse from a cat :S he constantly talks crap :S

5. olides84

Too late! The USA had the world cup already, back in 1994 I think.

I think it would be great if Australia had it. I spent a week at the last World Cup in Germany, and the Aussie fans there were awesome.

But I really hope that Belgium/Netherlands gets it - it would be off the hook! And it would be nice if an invasion of Belgium for once was because of sport rather than foreign armies using the place as its battlefield. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. dictionary

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20741948-661,00.html
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23463520-2862,00.html
    http://www.sportbusiness.com/news/166531/melbourne-retains-title-as-ultimate-sports-city
    http://www.vmec.com.au/

London is clearly just filth....

7. Just Adam

wo hang on you cant say that about london thats not fair :frowning2:

8. Just Adam

i think usa did get it but i dont recall it beeing to great if memory serves right shame if i remember correct +:frowning2:

9. TriBi

My God -don't some of these Poms start getting uppity when they actually win something for a change...:wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh - and as for these guys from Melbourne - of course they couldn't have the World Cup Final in Australia's 'second' City...especially with the weather thay have down there...:eek:

It would have to be in Sydney - after all, we proved with the Olympics that we can stage the 'world's best ever' event of that type.:grin:

10. Just Adam

sydney is a good shout if australia has to have it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: as you say it has had the olympics and did a great job :slight_smile:

i suppose the world cup commity will see if we are worth giving it too depending on how the olympics pan out here.

11. partietraumatic

its almost certainly gonna come to us in 2018. They've pretty much said it will be europe. Germany had it in 06,Italy in 86,Spain in 82,France in 98. We havn't had it since 1966! We invtented the game! We have all the good stadiums ready,all the infrastructure,the money,everything we need. The only thing that could stop us getting it is the fact the Sepp Blatter hates England lol. Its gonna come home,oh yeahhhh i cant wait :grin:

12. partietraumatic

also...a sports thread on ec,theyre so rare :grin: yaaaay

13. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

Thats a great ad I must say.....

OMG England had it last in 1966, well that just does trump Australia's none! AND London has the games in 2012 so seriously don't beg for more...

It would be great to have it in australia but i think if we do get it, either Brisbane or Melbourne should ge the final. You pretty much can't get a foot wrong in Brisbane for weather and Melbourne is an amazing city on its own.

14. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Awesome ad.

Unfortunately i don't enjoy watching soccer as much as i used to. Give me the Clipsal 500 anyday :slight_smile: (now 'that' is a world class event :wink:)

15. partietraumatic

It doesnt mean as much that Australia has never had it,you're not as big a football nation as us :icon_wink Also i personally couldnt care less about the Olympic games,id swap it for the world cup anyday of the week. I don't live in London,the games will do nothing for me,where as the world cup is the whole country,and i care about football,not athletics :grin:

16. SexyTimeInTent

Southend-On-Sea, Essex, South East, England
    I hope we do get it. I love football.

17. olides84

I know. :bang: I think we might need more of this to keep the sports threads coming :grin:

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Melbourne definitely deserves the final! Melbourne's like THE city for the arts, sports, etc in Australia. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It can kick off in Sydney I guess but Melbourne MUST have the final.