1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symbolism in Life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Confusicus, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Confusicus

Confusicus Guest

Since I've been dealing with all of this lately, there seems to be one thing that I keep noticing from time to time. Every once in a while I see a Monarch butterfly go floating by, he catches my eye and I follow him till I lose him or something else catches my attention. Well I just saw him again out my window and I couldn't help feeling like it was some sort of a sign. I looked for some symbolism in the image of a butterfly and found this.

Keyword summary: transformation, joyful dance.

Butterflies are powerful symbols for transformation and change throughout many traditions and belief systems.

* In the caterpillar stage we may be stuck with ideas we don’t like or behaviours or paranoias we want to change.

* In the cocoon stage sometimes not a lot appears to be happening although subconsciously and consciously ideas are gestating and changing. Sometimes we can feel a bit lost at this stage.

* Then comes the final transformation to beautiful colourful floating butterfly. The wings pump with blood and we are free to float into our new world, flitting about seeing things from a whole new perspective.

I think I'm stuck in the cocoon stage still but hopefully I can find my wings and float on soon.

2. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

The other day, I saw a spider on my apartment's floor. He was big, hairy mother and he just stared at me like he knew that I was going to smash him into his constituent parts.
    I think it's a sign that I need to clean.