1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I look like?!?!?!???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheCoolUserName, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Whenever I look in the mirror I think that I look actually
    pretty good, nice hair, nice face. But whenever I see
    myself in a close-up picture, or in a webcam it looks
    like I have an extremely long face with an assymetrical jaw.
    I want to throw-up and cry from how ugly I look in some pictures! :tears:
    I think I look completely different in a picture compared to
    looking in the mirror at myself.

So basically, which one would replicate better how people will see me,
    camera or mirror?

2. RCooper

NOT photobooth(mac program) pictures. They always bring out my blemishes. Generally mirrors. In pictures, I have a tendency to be caught in a facial expression that is hideous.

3. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Mirrors are what generally people will see you as, but they aren't honest. Try this, get a hand held mirror and look at yourself in the handheld mirror from the reflection on the mirror. You will get more angles you probably don't see much of yourself.

Pictures are a 2-day version of yourself, and mirrors capture 3d with your eyes.

4. Hoppip

^ What she said.

Also, remember that mirrors are reflections and cameras give you actual images. A camera is what people see from left-to-right. A mirror reflects that. I understand what you're talking about, because I like my reflection better than my actual orientation.

But eh. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway. :slight_smile:

5. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^ Oh, to define yourself in beauty terms

check this website out

http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakult...beautycheck/english/prototypen/prototypen.htm

measure yourself from there,

then if you're brave go to the mall, and do a survey ask people how they would judge you as (as a psychology class survey). If their opinions are more favorable than it might say you're more attractive or average. Ask random girls too.

6. Mickey

I looked at your profile and in the pic you have there,I'd say you're adorable!
    (I'm a lesbian,so that's a great compliment! lol!)

7. someguy82

I think I look like shit, but I've been told otherwise. Really I think it's just a matter of how confident I'm feeling at any given time.

8. silentsound

Mirror is probably the better bet. I know people who are very attractive but don't photograph well at all, I guess it all depends.

9. Trystan

cameras tend to have some kind of warp on them anyway, so close ups always tend to llook worse.. personally I hate my appearance, but again, many people say otherwise.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: You look fine (and rather cute hehe)

10. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like how I look in a mirror much better than how I look on camera. For starters, I look much less fat in a mirror, and I feel less of an urge to make a weird grin when looking in a mirror (You wouldn't say it from my pictures, but people sometimes comment I look quite stern).

So yeah, I'd say mirror. Even though it is mirrored from how other people see you, there is probably less distortion going on than through a camera lens. And usually the situation is less contrived as well...

11. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm going to have to say mirror for a couple reasons:
    1) 3D
    2) Better colour reproduction
    3) It's a dynamic moving image, you're not frozen in time. So you can't sit there and worry about your smile, or your eyes being half closed.
    4) You generally look at it at eye level, from about the same distance other people see you.

Do this: look at someone, look at someone in a mirror, and look at pictures of them. What closely represents them?

Keep in mind the mirror is a reverse image and most everyone doesn't have a perfectly symmetric face. The act of flipping it horizontally (mirror vs. no mirror) will exaggerate this. Try looking at 'mirrored' pictures of yourself.

12. sdc91

Oh yeah, I like myself way better in the bathroom mirror. Sometimes I'm downright unphotogenic with cameras (especially with Photo Booth). I'd say a mirror is better (but ignore the lighting).

13. Jeimuzu

You're cute.

14. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I think you're adorable too! (At least lesbians like you!) :lol:

But seriously, I know how you feel, and I think that's just the way it is. I think I look okay in mirrors, but I'm NOT photogenic AT ALL and always end up criticizing my photos to the point where I hardly take them anymore. And I hate the way my face looks from a side angle. But I think everyone has these little insecurities. It's normal, and we shouldn't worry too much about them, you know? :slight_smile:

15. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

I'm not gonna say you're cute, cus you're 14, I'm 22 and I'm pretty sure that would be grooming, but I'm not revolted :slight_smile:

16. djt820

Dear god, Shut the fuck up about your looks. You dont have any room to complain at all. I cant even imagine why you'd complain.

17. acorn7

First of all, you're obviously attractive. :wink:

Second, I think everyone looks better in the mirror. I certainly do. In 90% of pictures I have a huge head, tiny eyes, a crooked grin, etc. I prefer to be narcissic in the mirror :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The camera is actually more accurate, simply because the mirror flips your image around. However, the camera catches a moment in time whereas the mirror catches you in real time. So they're both kinda imperfect.

I always think I look OK in the mirror, but dear GOD, do I photograph badly. :slight_smile:

Lex

19. paco

paco Guest

you can never really see yourself how other people see you. when you look at yourself, you kinda see yourself in your mood, like if you're having a bad day, you'll see yourself as ugly but it you're having a good day you might see yourself better looking.

also looking at yourself you notice imperfections that no one else does cause no one looks that closely. ever notice how when you take group pictures you always look for your own face to see what you look like? all of your friends do the same thing. so no worries. no one noticed your crooked jaw.

that being said, i think we've all agreed, you're not ugly.