1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BitterEdge, Jun 19, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Do you believe in Karma?

I do and was wondering how everyone feels about it.

2. AXavierB

I don't know if I believe in karma.

But I do believe in revenge. Making karma happen. :wink:

3. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I reckon karma is a psychological thing. Someone believes so much that something bad will happen to them BECAUSE of one of their actions, they think that when something bad happens to them it's the result of karma, when in fact the event would have happened anyway.

I also believe in manufactured karma, that is, REVENGE. :grin:

4. RCooper

I do not. Luck is what you make of it. But like George said, it is psychological. If someone beleives something bad is going to happen, they will be overly cautious and miss out on fun things!

5. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed with George. The idea of karma is based on what you be to interpret a negative event on either your life or somebody elses. In reality, everybody has something bad happen to them throughout life, so to say that is the result of karma just sounds a bit inaccurate to me. I see it as just being a part of life.

Although, I would love for karma to exist. Some peeps really do deserve to get back what they giveeee.

6. Greggers

I do believe what goes around comes around, but mainly for the reason Martin just pointed out. If you do something nasty to someone, its only a matter of time before something nasty happens to you, and its most likely going to happen to you faster if you factor in revenge.

Same with if you do something nice. People are bound to do something nice back to you.

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I 100% believe in karma. I have always been intrigued by the idea of something bigger in control of everything that happens in our lives. I suppose ideas and theories like that could be rationalized out into viable facts, but I like to think that everything happens for a reason.

8. AXavierB

Even if karma does exist, though, I don't want to just sit around waiting for them to get what they deserve.

Besides, it only has impact if they suffer by my hand. ^^

9. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I definitly do. One day my friend asked me to wait on the lunch line with her and I didn't want to but I figured whatever if I do this something good will happen for me. While inside, the guy I liked came in stood behind me and had a decent conversation with me, I hadn't talked to him much before that. So yes Ibelieve in Karma.

10. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I do when I think about Miss California. :wink: Otherwise I believe that bad things happen to everyone, and everyone does bad things. But I think it´s more likely for bad stuff to happen to mean people. Revenge may happen, and not many people wants to help someone who´s mean if something really bad happens to them.

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Funny coming from someone who believes in reincarnation but I'm not sure I believe in karma. I believe more in the law of attraction so if you believe what you did was really wrong, then something will happen back to you.

12. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I do believe in karma. Even though I'm not sure what to call it, I do feel like there's something out there that's bigger than all of us, and karma is one of the few things that I really 100% believe in.

13. Mickey

I agree with you. I think things happen for a reason,too.
    I'm into spiritual things. It's just another way of looking at things. It can be really interesting. With some people,if they can't see it,it doesn't exist.

14. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Ye i believe in Karma which is why i always try and be nice :grin:

15. Just Adam

i believe people always get theirs in the end

16. xequar

I don't believe in Karma. But, I do support the idea that if one puts forth positive energy, they are more likely to receive positive energy. Some might express it as putting your best foot forward, killing them with kindness, that sort of thing.

17. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't believe in karma as such, however I think if everyone is nice, then when it comes time that you need something, there's people there to help you (since everyone is acting good). Collective good or something.

As well there's the fact that if you're a dick, people won't want to help you.

18. Ben

Ben

I wrote a huge essay for religious studies about whether there was any logic behind Karma. I believe that the idea of karma in it's most simple form sometimes makes sense. But I don't believe in total hardcore karma.

19. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe in "non-magic" Karma. If you're a Jackass, people are not going to be very nice to you. If you're a nice person, people will reciprocate. Magic voodoo bull-sh*t has nothing to do with it.