1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dance Shoes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LornTehViking, Jun 20, 2009.

1. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright you guys. I'm in this thing called a musical.
    And I need these things called dance shoes.
    Of either the ballet, or jazz variety.
    Pictures are here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Or something similar to either of those options.
    Here's the thing.
    I'd like to buy them in town (but online is an option), and they need to be fairly cheap.

My actual questions are as follows:
    1) If you own dance shoes, or have owned dance shoes, what brand would you recommend?
    2) What's up with the sizing, is it weird, or will it correspond with your actual shoe size?
    3) Any big chain store that's going to sell something similar?
    4) Anything else I should know?

ALSO: If you have shoes that you don't need, and would like to sell to me, just PM me and we can work it out. That'd be really fantastic actually. We can talk about size there as well and pricing and everything. (I'm thinking this is really unlikely.)

If this thread should go somewhere else, feel free to move it, mods.

EDIT: shoes can be mens, womens, unisex, whatever.

2. silentsound

The shoe size tends to correspond with your normal size pretty well, but you should still go to a store because they have to fit properly. I don't know of any chains, but I would say ask other people in the cast with dance experience where they get their shoes- they should know a good place in your area. My jazz shoes and my character shoes are both Carpezzio and they are great and were pretty cheap. Another reason to go to a store is that they will be able to guide you to the brand best for you. Good luck!

3. RCooper

Fuuuunnny story. I had to get dance shoes for a musical, and at that point my voice hadn't changed, so the women grabbed me heels when I asked for dance shoes. And so then one of my friend's mom walked in and saw me trying on heels.

4. saudade

saudade Guest

My only recommendation with jazz shoes is that you get some where the heel and ball of the foot are seperate - when the sole is all in one (like the second picture) it restricts your pointe and in step.

But if you're looking for a cheap pair and not doing any serious dancing, then both of the types of shoe you listed should be fine. In terms of sizing, it generally is consistent with the size of your foot - they're leather anyway, so even if they're slightly too small they shouldn't feel too uncomfortable :slight_smile: