1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is love?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AliceEmpty, Jun 25, 2009.

1. AliceEmpty

Out Status:
    Some people
    What do you think love is? Is there anyway you feel when you are in love? If you are in love do you show it? Do You like the feeling that a person loves you and wants the world to know?

To me love is a flash card I wrote last night when I felt the very very sad.
    "Little One,
    Never cry and always smile. It will be okay here. I will hold you. I wont let you go. I will always be your light. My wings will keep you from harm, My hands hold yours forever, and my mouth will only kiss you when you wish for me to. My eyes will never leave you. Nothing will keep us apart. You are mine and I am yours that is how 'we', 'us', 'together' feel. Not two bodies but one. Forever entwined in a bliss love.
    x"

When I am in love i feel content but very breakable. When I am in love all I want to do is hold your hand in the quite of everything. Just being with that someone not doing anything like kissing or having sex is awesome for me. I want the person who loves me to do that. I want them to be proud of the fact they love me and not have to hide me away. That is how I feel how do you feel.(*hug*)

2. Shevanel

Baby, don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

Sorry XD

Love is... inexplicable? its like the strongest feeling in the world. It's so amazing, but it can hurt too. But only in a good way, if that makes any sense. and yes, I'd love the world to know. Why? I don't know. But its just this crazy little thing called love :slight_smile:

3. lostinthought9

JOEY!!!! XD
    I was gonna sing it too!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. djt820

LOL :grin:

Anyways, love is probably the only natural human emotion that everyone is subject to. We cant change our feelings of love. When we are in love, we are very exposed to being hurt. We all have that craving to be with somebody and make this 'oneness'.

5. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Wait a second.

That's not right.

Hang on there! Something's up with these quotes!

No.

NO.

WHAT? NO!
    Er... What is love?
    Fuck if I know.

6. Nicknikko

love is just indescriptible I think!

7. Eleanor Rigby

It's very hard to say what love is. There is different sorts of love : the one you have for your family, for your friends, for you children and of course for your lover.

Being in love with someone is a very powerful feeling that evolve with time.

I remember when I first fall in love with my husband I wanted to be with him all the time, I felt so happy everytime we were together that it hurts, I felt that I could spend the end of my life doing nothing else but being in his arms, and in the mean time I felt scared of loosing him and of loosing myself in that love.
    Then, with time, things changed slowly. We started to do other things that just looking in each other eyes. We started to do plans for our futur. We also started to desagree sometimes, and to fight, and we went through tought times, and we realised that was not the end of the world.
    Today, beign in love doesn't make me feel weak, it make me feel strong. We are going on, side by side, we still make plans and we have started to realise some of them. And even when things are diffucult, every night, when I fall asleep my head on my husband shoulder, I know that as long he is here, I'll be just fine.

8. Greggers

Love is whatever can last through war, death, famine, hurt, pain, suffering, anger, ignorance, hate, addiction, rape, murder, and the while 9 yards. If anything can get through all those things in-tact and still be something that is good, pure and positive i believe THAT is love.

Love is eternal.

9. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I reckon love is an excuse for wanting to grope someone. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Zeus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Loving someone is seeing all their flaws... but accepting them.

11. Lychee

Wow, Pauline just quoted the bible.

12. Shevanel

It's true though. :slight_smile:

13. Lychee

Yup. The bible does get some stuff right :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That's also from the bible, I think. They read it out in our school assembly every week

14. djt820

The bible isnt completely full of shit.

#14 djt820, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  15. Lychee

Clearly my comment was of a sarcastic nature. Every book has some good parts. Even, god forbid, Twilight.

16. GhostDog

I'll have you know, I have been fighting the urge to do this since this topic was posted. I have considered myself remarkably restrained so far. I'm sure my friends would berate me for how long I refrained from posting this.

However.

Love is as follows:

[​IMG]

(If someone is unable or unwilling to eat bacon, this is also an acceptable definition of love.)

... And really, I could probably come up with some definition of what love means to me, but I'm sure some poet/songwriter/writer/artist/pastry chef out there has done it much more eloquently than I ever could. All I know is that when I'm around someone I love, life doesn't seem so rough, and I find myself having to check whether or not my feet are still on the ground. It's like someone has a sort of a line attached to my heart, and their smallest move tugs it after them. Every laugh and every sigh they make rings in my head, and all it does is make me want more. It rattles my everything, makes my train of thought chatter in a useless and incoherent way, but it's ever such a pleasant racket.

I miss that feeling dearly.

#16 GhostDog, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  17. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Love is like a box of chocolates...wait...nvm. But Love comes in all shapes anf forms. Love of friends, signifigant other, family, pets. Each one is diffrent yet they all have the same idea. So love is like a collection of diffrent sized Ipods that have countless numbers of memories and songs but are easily broken.
    You can buy it or recive it.
    Take it out when ever and where ever you want.
    Listen to it or ignore it.
    You can lose it, find it and lose it again.
    You can buy stuff to make your Ipod cooler though it doesnt change its reliability.
    It comes with a warrenty for the first year then your on your own when it breaks.
    And if it does break you can always get a new Ipod but nothing will ever replace your first Ipod.

Did you catch all that? :c)

18. Nugget

I love you.

19. littledinosaurs

I only looked at this thread to make sure someone wrote this.
    i'll probably write a real comment tomorrow when i'm less tired.

20. RaRa

Love = pain