1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it considered cheating.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

if you're a girl in a relationship with a guy and you hook up with a girl? My friends and I have been debating this for a few days and I want to know what some other people think.

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be cheating. In my opinion, if you're in a relationship with someone and you hook up with someone else (unless you know your partner's OK with it), you're cheating, it doesn't matter what genders are involved.

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Yes.
    It is if you have not previously agreed upon it with your significant other. If he/she does not know that you are hooking up with someone else (even if they are of the opposing gender), then it is cheating.

This reminds me of the TERRIBLE stereotype that all bisexuals need to be in two relationships. Like we can't be monogamous because we are attracted to both genders. Pure and utter bullshit.

4. paco

paco Guest

yeah i'm pretty sure that's still cheating. a few guys dont mind cause they like seeing girls kiss, but i know a guy that actually didn't take that exact thing very well once, so it happens.

5. CrystalCat

Exactly. Bisexuality does NOT equal polygamy

6. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Yes of course its cheating no matter what gender your with if you go with somebody regardless of there gender aswell else it is still cheating

7. littledinosaurs

This is exactly correct.

8. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

It's cheating.

9. Mickey

Cheating is cheating,regardless of the sex of the person someone cheats with.

10. Thisisnew

Like everyone else said it's cheating.

11. GhostDog

Yes.

If your relationship is not explicitly open, hooking up with anyone else is cheating. Open relationships are perfectly fine, but both parties need to agree to it before you do that sort of thing. Maybe said boyfriend would just go, "You wanna hook up with a girl? Awesome! Can I watch?", but maybe he'd be hurt and offended, so it's best to bring it up beforehand if that's something someone wants to do.

Like Numfarh said, doing otherwise just perpetuates bad stereotypes about bisexuals. Like they don't get enough crap as it is. =/ (Ugh, how many lesbians have I seen saying "I won't date a bisexual, she'll just cheat on me with a guy"?)

Personally, I find the idea that a girl hooking up with another girl is somehow LESS cheating than a girl hooking up with a guy other than her boyfriend rather... offensive. Like cheating with another girl is seen as somehow less of a threat to a monogamous relationship than cheating with a guy, because it's "hot" or a girl isn't as much competition as another guy would be. It seems to just relegate girl-girl relations to the territory of "something else girls can do that straight guys find hot" rather than being serious in their own right.

I wonder how many of the guys out there who'd hate to see their girlfriend with another man (because what if she likes him better, right?) would like to see said girlfriend with another girl, and it never occurs to them that hey, what if she likes her better? It never seems to come up in those conversations. Likewise, I see a lot of college-age girls who talk about flings with other women, who just say "oh, my boyfriend would probably think it's hot". What if he doesn't? Why just assume he's going to take you cheating on him in stride because hurhur, it's with another woman therefore it's hot, not cheating? I know that just seems to be the way it is, but it's irritating. Maybe I just need to get out of college and away from these people, I don't know.

Cheating is just as sleazy, no matter who you're cheating with! Bah.

12. Eleanor Rigby

It probably depends on if the girl previously had an agreement with her boyfriend about seing other people or seing other girls while they are currently in a relationship.
    But if it's something that she hides to her boyfriend and that he doesn't agree with, yes it's cheating.

13. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A good rule of thumb is that if you question whether or not it is cheating, it probably is.

14. Thisisnew

I agree with that.

15. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the sort of people who dont think its cheating don't believe bisexuality exists. In their mind its ok for a girl with a boyfriend to kiss a girl because she doesnt really fancy her and its just a bit of a laugh. I have a few friends like that and it annoys me so much! One of my best friends is a bisexual and she slept with a girl when she had a boyfriend. She was drunk and felt very guilty about it so decided to just tell him the truth. He didnt care and in fact told her it was a turn on. Needless to say she dumbed him for not acknowledging her sexuality!

16. Just Adam

its cheating your betraying the partners love thats not cool

17. Tiny Catastrophe

i win! my friends says its not cheating

18. Selqet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It depends on the relationship, and how "cheating" is defined. Cheating is, at its core, basically a betrayal of trust, and of boundaries.

So, if you're a girl, in a relationship with a guy who is OK with you kissing or otherwise hooking up with another girl (or guy), then it would not be cheating. If you do not KNOW if he'd be OK with it....ask. Otherwise I'd say it then starts getting into the "cheating" territory, since you've decided to pursue a path without regard to your partner's feelings on the matter--though its possible he'd be fine w/ it and you're in the clear, its still a "playing with fire" situation.

That being said--I know lots of completely monogamous couples and several polyamorous couples, and in several of the (guy/girl) monogamous couples, the guys are OK with the girls fooling around with other girls (though some are only OK w/ kissing, others with...more). So, statistically speaking, you're probably right. :slight_smile:

19. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your friends believe it isn't, a lot of us believe it is. I guess it's hard to define right and wrong, but if someone's planning on doing something like this, make sure your partner's on the same page - even if you don't think you're cheating, if your partner does, it's going to get pretty nasty pretty fast.

20. twixy30

we all say we want to be treated just like everone else then this has to be the same way cheating is cheating no if and but about it if you are in a relationship then treat it like such if you dated a man then it would be cheating sorry if thats rude but you asked