1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What gives you hope for the future?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BitterEdge, Jun 26, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I wanted to hear what gives everyone hope about the future?

For my looking at the faces of young children definitely does that. When I do get married, I can't wait to have children. Children are the future and we need to give them the tools needed to make our world a better, more understanding place.

2. Just Adam

i dont know i dont have much hope i think the people in the shadows still fighting trying to see beyond what they understand gives me some hope.

3. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  4. Cool Beans

Knowing that I have the ability to make choices and live my life in whatever time I have. As long as I can do that, my future can't be all bad, can it?

5. LorenzG1950

When I see a child smile, when a dog or cat licks my face, when my boyfriend kisses me, when I see justice prevail, when I see the caring folks helping each other here on EC, when I get an unexpected hug... :slight_smile:

6. moonlight

I would deffinately have to say my children and any other children.

7. I'm quite a pessimistic person, but when I see a random stranger doing something nice for someone they do not know, I feel warm inside knowing that not everyoen in the world is callous :slight_smile:

We should spread the love! More random acts of kindness needed!

8. Alex19

new generations of kids give me hope. and ppl like my 2 best friends. if more str8 ppl were like them, we wouldnt have a thing to worry about in this world (at least, when it comes to our sexuality)

9. xequar

This. Seeing people be kind and generous to one another gives me hope that humanity isn't the fucked-up morass of selfish filth that it usually seems to be.

10. partietraumatic

To be more specific rather than general like everyone else has been so far, something that really made me feel better about the future was the crowd of people that gathered to throw eggs at that c**t (a word i rarely use but really mean in this instance) Nick Griffin. That gave me hope that not everyone is a prejudiced fool.

On a scientific note,not 20 miles from where i live, ground breaking research into fusion energy is being undertaken which,if successful,would genuinly solve the worlds energy crisis forever since fusion genrators give so much more power out than is needed to be put in.

Great idea of a feel good thread btw :slight_smile:

11. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I dont really know what gives me hope i just kind of have it if that makes sense

12. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

It's been raining in CT for almost 4 weeks with periodic sun for a few hours, I needed a feel good thread.

Plus I want to see something positive on this site for once :slight_smile: