1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Game Update/Poll

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ProfessorLepus, Jun 28, 2009.

?

What operating system do you run?

1. Windows 2000/XP/Vista

72.8%
  2. Linux

1.2%
  3. Mac OS X

22.2%
  4. Other (please specify)

3.7%
  1. Hey guys.

I haven't been posting or in the chat room for the past few days, and won't be for the next week or so because I am on vacation. But I'm not letting this get in the way of me working on my coming out game. In fact, I'm working on a level creator for it right now, and guess who I'm crowdsourcing to for the creation of all the levels I need? Wrong. It's you.

But I need to know something first. What operating system do you all run? I'll be able to support Linux, probably Mac and most likely Windows (XP and up). If you run something else, and I'll give you the source code so you can go and compile it yourself.

When this is out of the way, I'll give you the program to create levels (and there will be a button to just send them directly to me). You will have the opportunity to put your name on the level and you'll be credited when the game goes public.

Excited Professor is excited. I shall now use an emoticon. Let's see here... *ahem*

(!)

How was that?

2. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I run Windows 7 x64, and I answered as "Other" but obviously programs coded for Vista work fine in 7 so no additional work should be needed. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds fun, Can't wait! Thanks for taking the time to work it up!

4. kettleoffish

I run Mac OS X (10.5) as my primary, but I also have Windows XP and Windows 7 under VMs.

5. DexterMorgan

I run Barbie Malibu OS 1.0

You write apps for it???

Just kidding.

Can't wait! :grin:

6. theworld

well, I've run Linux in the past too but now I'm back to Windows XP. I can't wait for win 7 though. It's got an xp virtual machine instance already installed in it. :-o

7. I'm on Vista.
    =]

8. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only with Professional or Ultimate, and only with processors supporting virtual machine extensions.

9. tm74

tm74 Guest

Windows 7 RC for me

10. MusicIsLife

11. Alright then, Windows people, I'll write up full instructions for you guys (by full, I mean simple to follow but enough to not be ambiguous about anything). Mac people, I have to do some reading there, I'll keep you in the loop. Linux dude, go ahead and install the Qt 4 libraries, I'm certain you know how.

I'll have something for you all soon.

Now, should I make new threads for every update?

12. paco

paco Guest

wow, ok i was so confused..for like 2 days. i read the title, "coming out game" and thought this was about leaving the closet. i finally put stress on different words in my mind and figured out how the title of this thread has to do with the subject lol

13. No, my grammar isn't that bad. :wink:

You must have missed this thread: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25154

Basically, I suck at confrontations, so I'm making a little game to come out to my mom, which has a client-server architecture so you can't skip levels, and it's easier for me to add or remove levels remotely.

Geeky way of coming out.

14. hiker360

windows xp :grin: not up to date cuas just pulled it out of the closet to pak it for moving, but hey i 'm on it right now so guess it still work:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Cool. This won't be hardware-intensive at all, but for the "Send to the Rodent Dentist" button, you'll need a working internet connection. I could probably get this to run on my phone, too.

Level maker's coming along great, you'll all have something to download and run VERY soon.