1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else have trouble sleeping?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

I end up being awake all night and not falling asleep til 4am and then I end up waking up at like 3pm and I HATE wasting my days sleeping. Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know any ways i could get to sleep earlier somehow?:bang:

2. paco

paco Guest

ARE YOU KIDDING?!

when i go through stages of insomnia (which is like half the time) i go to sleep at like 4-5 am then i wake up at like 10-11.

i broke it this summer by forcing myself to wake up really early like 6 am, and working out then not taking a nap the whole day cause then i go to sleep at like 11-12...it sucks for a couple days but my sleep pattern is like, normal right now, which is so exciting.

3. theworld

I've never had much trouble sleeping. In fact, I'm very good at falling asleep pretty quickly whenever I need to. :slight_smile: Lately, I've been staying up a little later than normal for me which is about 2 3 in the morning and getting up at 10 but I can usually reset everything in a couple nights.

4. Thisisnew

My sleep pattern is messed up at the moment but I don't really care cause it's summer so I don't mind the weird hours I go to sleep.

5. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Well, I'm awake right now.
    If that's any indication of the fuckedupitude of my sleep schedule.

6. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

When I don't take my night medication, I can't sleep >.< .

7. Tiny Catastrophe

i can set my sleep patterns right but its hard and it just goes back in a few days and i have summer skool at the fucken crack of dawn for most of the summer which sux cuz i cnt sleep in and it starts next week. ive never been to summer skool in my life and this is my last summer in high skool so it sux even more. so for the last 2 weeks ive jus been going out with my friends everyday to make up for wut im gunna miss. its 20 after 2 and im still wide awake!!!!! ahhhhh

8. Shyvin

I have the worst time trying to fall asleep...

9. musican

I'm awake at 4:25 am... I'm going to say yea

10. Just Adam

i only sleep when i pass out im allways tired i feel your pain

11. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I'm constantly tired. It's not only that I can't get to sleep its also that I never seem to stay that way. I feel your pain. The only thing that ever helped me to sleep was sleeping pills but I grew some sort of resistance to those and they don't work anymore so not sure if you want to trust those.

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I occasionally have bouts of insomnia. I've found two things that help a lot.

1. Let it happen. Don't stress about it. You've survived every bout of insomnia before, and you'll survive this one. You can't force yourself to sleep, or worry yourself to sleep, so just accept it.

2. If you can't sleep, get up. Again, don't try to force it. Once up, don't do something you really enjoy. Don't start playing that video game that you're hooked on, or watch your favorite movie. Do something dull. My number one cure? Swear to God - housework. I can have the worst bout of insomnia imaginable, but it's funny how sleepy I suddenly find myself after washing that fourth dish. :slight_smile:

Lex

13. silentsound

I totally agree with Lex.

Also, I find Melatonin tablets (which you can get at your local pharmacy) help me a lot.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried Melatonin a couple times. And it worked, sorta. I DID sleep for eight hours. But it felt like two. I would end up totally groggy the next day. My father took it a couple times, and it made him depressed. However, my brother takes it with no ill effects.

Lex

15. Tiny Catastrophe

they put me on all different kinds of sleeping pills. the only one that actually made me sleep was ciraquil or however you spell that but it literally knocked me out and i slept for 24 hours which didnt exactly help since i missed school cuz i was basically comatose

16. Zach

I have a lot of trouble getting to sleep, and staying asleep. I usually don't get to sleep until after midnight, and then I have to get up at 6am to get ready for work. There are nights when I only get 2 or 3 hours of sleep if I'm lucky.

There was one night last week where I kept trying and trying to get to sleep. The funny thing about that night is I WAS asleep.... and dreaming that I was trying to get to sleep in my dream. :eusa_doh:

17. sdc91

Wow, you guys are missing the only thing that's going to work. Paco already said it...

I guarantee that if you guys work out or do some physical exercise, you'll fall asleep faster and sleep way better.

Sometimes I wake up at 6:30 AM to go on a 4 mile jog, and that always wakes me up and makes me really tired around 11 PM. Plus, I feel productive. Try something like that.

18. Tiny Catastrophe

i get up and i usualy have to babysitt my friends 8 kids and then i go out for the night and that still doesnt make me tired

19. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If i don't take a sleeping pill i o not fall asleep. lol.

20. Markio

I don't like when all my friends stay up and try to make me stay up with them. If I don't sleep enough or on a regular schedule, I break out. It's so annoying because no one else seems to have this problem! I try to sleep before midnight.

And Paco's advice works the best for me, too.