1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Advice!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hiker360, Jul 1, 2009.

1. hiker360

hey peoples!:smilewave so what you do is just post some random advice( to make it funner, it has to be of personal experience) that maybe can be helpful for anyone and/or the poster above you

since thiers no poster above me i'd go with just random advice:

don't close the car door on your finger( it hurts!)

your turn:slight_smile:

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This is what I tell my daycare kids:

You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!

3. hiddendc4

when riding a bike make sure to watch for parked cars, they have a habit of jumping out in front of you. almost broke my nose on the trunk of one as a kid.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I write these to myself all the time. Some recent gems of mine:

"Advice from the Shower

1. We have discussed the glasses-in-shower issue previously. Several times.
    2. Take off your damn socks before getting in. Seriously.
    3. Don't shave your legs in a rush. Your blood will really serve you far better inside your body.
    4. Don't stand on the plughole. Shower =/= swimming pool.
    For Christ's sake, woman."

"Saving a document as "2478523106081.doc" isn't going to help very much when you're trying to locate it several weeks later. Understand?"

"The cereal goes in the bowl, the juice goes in the glass. Wake up before trying to make breakfast next time."

"Please refrain from reading "Tipping the Velvet" on a bus to a school excursion. Someone will undoubtedly ask you "what are you reading?" and "what's it about?", and the explanation is not a conversation you want to have with your schoolmates."

"Yes, you have a cold. Yes, you tend to get some relief from blocked noses when you inhale steam. However, do not hold the shower head THAT close to your face and inhale. Drowning in the shower is not a dignified way of dying."

"Please refrain from sitting in the car, parked in a fairly busy parking lot, singing "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" at the top of your lungs while making grand, sweeping arm gestures."

#4 Maddy, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be careful when airdrumming in the shower. There's not a lot of room there, and the tile wall is awfully hard.

If you want to remember to take something to work the next day, maybe you should do something. Like, oh, take it up towards the door. Put your keys or wallet on top of it. Don't just say "Oh, I'll remember." Because, as you recall, you never ever do.

If someone comes into the room wearing all black, don't ask "Geez, who died?" (His grandfather, as it turned out.)

If the cats are milling around your feet meowing, and Jake starts biting on plastic, it means they're out of food. (I swear - every time they do this, I look down blankly and say "Jake, why are you biting on plastic? Cut it out!")

Lex

6. Shevanel

Don't step on a crack or you'll break your momma's back! XD

7. Lychee

Do not just drop hard bits of plastic, such as lego, on the floor, thinking that you'll remember and pick it up later. It will hurt when you step on them.

Don't constantly make fun of other people's debating mistakes - saying "Hi, I'm the speckond speaker" 100 times over conditions your brain to do it in the actual debate.

If it looks like it will be cold, do not go out in short shorts and a singlet. Short shorts + singlet = summer, jeans + jumpers = winter.

You won't do your holiday homework until the last week of the holidays, so don't even try. You will just make yourself feel guilty.