1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you risk your life for someone else?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Mind Freak

I was watching trutv and a cop was like "I would end my life if it mean saving someone elses." and I'm like. :confused: really?

I don't know if I would give or put my life in SERIOUS jeopardy that freely for a stranger! Family and friends more than likely but a complete stranger? I'm not sure if I could do that.

And I guess it's hard to say what you would do when the adrenaline isn't pulsing through you but as of right now I would not be quick to hop in front of a bullet for somebody ya know? Lol.

So give me your thoughts.

2. Shevanel

Most Likely Yes. Especially for someone I love. But For a stranger, if I had the opportunity, I would. I dunno *shrug* Of course it'd be rather hard to hop infront of a bullet for someone XD

EDIT: I changed the "Without a Doubt Yes" because that sounds too unrealistic XD

#2 Shevanel, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  3. James

For family, friends and boyfriend? yes, but I don't know about a stranger.

4. D_Alejandro

Only for family and dear friends.

5. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

Yeah i agree with the other posts i dont think i would do it for a complete stranger. i might do it for a kid though

6. Mickey

The thing is,when things happen that put you in this position,it's likely you won't have a lot of time to think about it. If you ask people who HAVE done this (for anybody...family.friends,strangers), they usually say they just reacted instinctively.
    Like seeing a house on fire. I bet most of us would instinctively try to help. The degree in which you help will obviously vary from person to person. I'd like to think I'd help a stranger,like I would help those I care for.

7. Shevanel

Mind you all the OP is asking would you RISK your life, not straight up and Die for someone else.

8. Mickey

Ummm...yea,I got that.

9. RaRa

This.

10. hiker360

it would be hard to do it for a stranger, but someone i love, absolutely, but always depends on the situation, if i can save a loved on without kiling myself in the process i would definately take itbut thats notthe thread topic so, my answer is yes... now i'm all worried:confused:

11. mattypants

risk life for a stranger?
    nah. unless i was having a bad day...
    for someone ive invested emotions in? probably yes

12. Just Adam

i would risk my life for them yea, would i lose my life? only i mess up :S

13. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Definitely for someone I love. For a stranger though, I'm not sure. There would have to a reason. Ex: I would for someone younger then myself or if I knew someone had children, actually while writing this I think I would for anyone even people who are old. Life is a precious thing.

14. Just Adam

Ec'er get express saving XD just shout out who you are lol

15. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

Really depends on a lot of things, the situation, risk involved, person involved. I think most of the time the survival instinct would kick in though. It's human nature to protect yourself, so to chose to go against that would take a lot.

But I figure, if everything was cut and dry, there'd be no grey area or chance for things to go wrong, I'd probably sacrifice myself for the sake of someone I love. I just doubt that a situation would come up, except maybe in an episode of 24, where everything would be so completely cut and dry.

16. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would risk my life for this person If he gave me like a couple of million in cash for my family. Then it's worth risking my life then I know the people around me would have a great life to enjoy! I think that is worth it don't you?

17. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So why would you risk your own if life is precious?? LMAO :eusa_naug

18. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I can't imagine giving up the chance to save a life even if it means giving up my own

19. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's nice that you think this way but like you said life is precious and you would risk your life for a complete stranger when you are only young and you have all the experiences in life to go through. My personal opinion is it's not worth it! But who know's I might just end up doing it without thinking about it. lol I tent to do that a lot! :icon_bigg

20. thespanishheart

I would. What makes them deserve the risk any more than myself? What if they're powerless? Would you risk your life to save the kid that's about to be hit by a semi? What about the guy being robbed at gunpoint? That kind of thing makes me say that yes, I would.