1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a few Questions!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cowboy_wannabe, Jul 19, 2005.

1. cowboy_wannabe

A few questions, if you wouldn't mind answering them... I'm just curious.

1.) Of all of the friends you have, who would you consider your best friend? Male or female? Are you out to them yet?
    2.) Which do you find it easier to come out to: males or females?
    3.) What is a typical male's response?
    4.) What is a typical female's response?
    5.) Have you ever lost a good friend by coming out?
    6.) Has coming out strengthened your relationship with a good friend?
    7.) How do you handle friends that are gay-prejuidiced? Do you tell them?

I'm just interested in you guy's situations and how you handle them, is all. :slight_smile:

2. Aaron

Aaron Guest

1.) Of all of the friends you have, who would you consider your best friend? Male or female? Are you out to them yet?
    Desirea (she's a she). We got hired together at Orange Julius. Then we both quit, and got hired together at Tim Hortons. Then we both quit, and I got hired at Starbucks, and then she got hired at Starbucks. She was the second person I told. We are joined at the hip for life. Partners in Crime. We even have a theme song.

2.) Which do you find it easier to come out to: males or females?
    Easier: Females
    Funnier: Males

3.) What is a typical male's response?
    4.) What is a typical female's response?
    They are always different, although most people don't care.

5.) Have you ever lost a good friend by coming out?
    Nope. Anyone with that reaction isn't a good friend.

6.) Has coming out strengthened your relationship with a good friend?
    It strengthens my relationship with everyone. Honesty should never weaken a freidnship.

7.) How do you handle friends that are gay-prejuidiced? Do you tell them?
    Yeah I tell them. If it comes up, I'm not going to hide it. If they truly value our friendship, then they will learn to accept it. If they let their prejudices drive a wedge between us, then, as before, they weren't good friends to begin with.

3. nisomer

1. I would consider all my best friends female.
    2. Well I have not come out to any males, but I guess it just seems easier to come out to females, so I guess that answers your question..kinda.
    3. N/A
    4. The first person I came out to, she was just like "okay. I'm glad you told me." The 2nd person I came out to said something like, "That is totally cool."
    5. Never (although I'm only out to 2 ppl)
    6. Most definalty. I no longer have to think about certain things I say or act around them, and I can totally be myself.
    7. I wouldn't tell them at all, but then again, I don't really have gay prejudice friends.

4. JonB321

I'll just answer these in order I guess.

1) There are 5 people in this world that I feel so close to that words can't describe. They are my best friends, and I couldn't differentiate between them. However... all five are male, and I'm out to all of them

2) I think it's been easier for me to come out to guys so far, but I also have only told 5-7 girls, whereas I've told about 20-30 guys. So it may just be the comfort factor of having done it.

3) Ranged from, "Really? that's cool. You know this doesn't change anything right?" to "Mazel Tov!!! I'd like to propose a toast!" to "It means a lot that you trust me enough to tell me, and I'm really proud of you"

4) "OMG, I'm so excited I have a gay best friend! We have to go to gay clubs together and get you a guy! And now, you can tell me what you think of my boyfriends!"

5) Nope. In fact, I'm probably closer with all of my friends since I've told them. I think they're all really happy they finally have a gay friend. Maybe it makes them feel like they have a diverse group of friends?

6) Yes. See answer 5.

7) I haven't really dealt with any gay prejudice thus far. However, one of the 5 best friends I spoke about earlier does make gay jokes a lot, and he uses the words fag homo and gay quite often. I'm not going to lie, I was nervous telling him. But he's been amazing about it, and now I feel stupid that I was nervous.

*Disclaimer - I answered the following questions honestly, however, I have had the most rediculously easy coming out of anyone in the world (I say this with a certain degree of confidence, because while others may have had as easy a time as I, it couldn't possibly have been easier), so my case may be an anomoly.