1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what would you do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hoping, Jul 4, 2009.

1. hoping

What would you do if you met someone and wanted to go out with them and find out they had a child ? just wondering what you would do, cause i met this guy, hes really hot and a nice guy, hes 29 and he was with a woman before hiding his sexuality and he has a 4 year old son, and its all good i mean i dont have a problem with it but he was telling me with guys hes met before have run away cause of that.
    what would you do?

2. Timm

Depends on whether or not you like kids. If you like kids, then there won't be a problem.

3. Bryan44

I have dated someone with a kid. If you like kids, then go for it. Its just important to not get to attatched to the child, in case things dont work out. If that makes any sense at all. Like sometimes I would babysit and the baby started calling me dad and it was awkward and I think he was confused and then after we stopped dating it was really sad. You just have to be careful when kids get involved.

4. Kirakishou

It wouldn't be that big of a deal for me, unless the kid is terrible...

5. EM68

It should not be a problem. Does the child live with the guy or the mother? If it is with the mother then it probably would not be an issue. Yea there may be times he may have to do things with his kid but everyone has family stuff to do. If you like the guy go for it! Good luck!

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love rules everything. The love would come first, regardless of whether they had a kid or not. Which means I'd love the kid too. :grin:

7. Just Adam

i agre with all above.... if you like the guy the kid shouldent be an issue he may have to go out for the day with him so expect that but if your in a loving relationship then its all good :slight_smile:

8. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

It's tricky. I personally would see it as a bonus, cus I love kids and also it sort of implies a level of maturity on the guys part, which would appeal to me. I'm not in to clubbing, so a partner who has to stay in some evenings or get an early night is all good :slight_smile:

On the other hand, that's very much a 'me' thing, and I can understand people being freaked. If you're looking for a relationship, that's kinda a 2 person relationship, where as this would be more 2.5.

9. Chaos

I don't like children and I don't want children....

So it would be a dilemma for me! However, if I really liked them then maybe I could look past the fact that they had a kid? It wouldn't be MY kid, so I could deal with it. I don't really know. This hasn't happened with me yet! Thought provoking question... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Although I'd rather they have a kid than a boyfriend or a girlfriend or a wife or a husband. Now that would be the kicker...

10. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jim can probably give a more biased view on it, but assuming everything was in the clear, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Especially if you like children.