1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swine flu!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lordjord96, Jul 9, 2009.

1. lordjord96

there are now 6 cases of swine flu in our school and 4 are being seen to, the school is refusing to close. i think i might have it :eek:

so does anyone els have this SOTA problem , like people near you?

2. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Our city has supposedly been a "hotspot" ever since it came out (nowhere near as bad as Mexico), but really it's not mass pandemonium or anything.

Just today they are reporting a performer in a show has it, so they're testing everyone in the show.

Even though every year a flu goes around in this show.

3. Mengele

Lucky, man. I wanna get swine flu.

4. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    haha....really? Actually although your joking, I might have to agree with you. I'd rather catch it now and aquire some form of immunity to it. Then when it eventually mutates to a more deadly strain, I'll catch a milder version. All this hype is crazy!

5. Mind Freak

Lol. Seriously? I wonder why they call it swine flu and not hog flu. I guess they wanted to make it sound extra dangerous? But we haven't had anyone get it where I live; well not that I know of at least.

6. Harve

In the UK swine flu is pretty much unstoppable now whether schools are closed or not, and it isn't very serious anyway so the government has pretty much given up trying to contain it LOL

7. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually they call it H1N1

8. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

To be honest with i think the swine flu is a bunch of bs.And u know how on the news it says like 150 people have died in mexico of it, its a lie i have relatives there and they told us its only like 15deaths.Its just a flu it would probably only like kill u if ur really sick already or if ur like really old or like a babyor maybe even if left untreated.I dnt think its much to wrry about :/like i used to be extremly worried about it but nt anymore after i found out its nt that serious.

#8 Witchcraft, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
  9. GhostDog

Yeah, they've probably given up on trying to contain this. Odds are, we just have another flavor of flu that's gonna be making the rounds now, I think. Flu just sucks, H1N1 or not. Just be sure to go to the doctor if you're feeling ill!

10. Mind Freak

That does sound freaky. I don't really know much about the swine flu... except you get it from swine. I heard some people in the states died from it right?

11. Elven

Lol its just a bad case of the Flu at the moment and the only case related to me in some way is that the main primary school in relation to my secondary school has a student whose step mum has swine flu :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I think people are slightly over-reacting...

12. erod123

i do i work at a reck center down the street and we had 8 cases 4 boys and 4 girls it was horrible

13. Garrett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not bad here... but I heard Rupert Grint (Ron) from Harry Potter got it....

14. Lychee

I live in Victoria, which I think is the swine flu capital of the world. About 25-30 people in my year level of 100 have/had swine flu.
    When people get it, I just laugh at them... yes, that's mean, but seriously, it is the most overrated thing ever.

15. hiker360

nowthat i think about it that plan actually is starting to sound logical:lol: anyways i have no idea what the status of the swine flu here in california??? haven't gone to school here yet

16. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [palmface] I've had swine flu, recovered within a few days. Seriously, people are freaking out too much about this.
    Silas99, "Then when it eventually mutates to a more deadly strain"? Do you know how LOW the risk of it mutating is!? The risk is so low that there basically ISN'T a risk!
    Also just about everyone who has died of swine flu worldwide has had a pre-existing health condition which caused their deaths, most notably cardiac patients.
    All swine flu is is an agressive flu which lasts for a few days.

17. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also I forgot to mention that a) this is in the wrong forum and b) there's already a thread on swine flu and the whole risk of it and news coverage here. You know that search button? Yeah it's kinda useful. And either way, if you went to the right forum to post this you would have found it right there on the first page. :slight_smile:

18. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Can't contain it really. We had one death in the town next to us, but most of these people have medical issues already.

We just have to let it play out, closing things won't really stop it's progression.

19. Nugget

Oh no! H1N1!

Luckily, my KFC dude is protected! :slight_smile:

20. partietraumatic

Yeah he did,but he recovered inside a week. Swine flu is infact just like the normal flu from what i understand. If you are healthy its nothing more than a few days in bed to recover,just like the flu. You are only at risk if you're immune system is week (ie the old and young) or already over worked (ie those who are already ill with something serious).Thats why the govornment here have been so keen to stress that this is the case,so that people don't panic.