1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jackass!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RAJ Aladdin, Jul 13, 2009.

1. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

Talking to a guy online. Bastard's asking me all this personal stuff! Pressured me to tell him what city I live in...told him a major one...so not that big a deal...NOW he wants a picture! But I said "Sorry, no"...he said "okay"...but he's persistent!

Have you guys ever had this problem? Advice please

2. GhostDog

Ignore him!

Seriously, anyone who's being that nosy and is asking for pictures is probably not after just pleasant conversation. If he's being pushy and that makes you uncomfortable, block him if you can. That's the beauty of the internet. =)

And if you don't want to do it out of the blue, you can say, "You're being pushy and weirding me out, dude, so I'm going to block you/ignore you now."

But yeah, I'd stop talking with him.

3. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

I just wanted to be friends over the internet- no specifics just talk- but I dunno he's creepy...

4. GhostDog

Yeeeah, I find that people who come across as creepy over the internet don't really get less creepy over time.

There are more fish in the sea! Maybe fish that are happy to just talk, and probably don't own a pair of these -

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcyNANK5cY[/YOUTUBE]

5. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm yeah guys who do that creep me out. Don't get annoyed, just ignore the person. All major IM clients have a block/ignore function you know, as does EC. :wink:

6. RaRa

Was I the only one who expected the thread to be about MTV Jackass??? xD

Either way, ignore him, sounds creepy.

7. Jekko

He sounds like a sexual predator. I've encountered so many until i found this website EC :grin:

I was always looking for a site without sex all over! and this was it.

Anyway, ignore him he's probably been arrested for a couple of sexual assaults :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

LMAO Thank you for that "Rapist Glasses"- made my night, morning, whatever :slight_smile: Thanks most of all for the advice :slight_smile:

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any time someone is pressuring you for any personal information (location, other contact information, last name, anything to identify you) it should throw up a gigantic red flag.

I know of several cases where a teen, over the course of time, in casual conversations, told a guy a bunch of information... the guy was really slick and extracted his school, the (small) housing community where he lived, his brother's name, the coffeeshop where he worked, his dad's name, etc.

The guy claimed to be a hot teen, but turned out to be a middle-aged pedophile, and since the teen was not out, the pedo used the information to coerce the teen into meeting up, threatening to "out" him to his parents, employer, friends, etc if he didn't. Of course, it was an empty threat... a pedo is not going to show up and out somebody, because he will get arrested... but to a closeted gay youth, that was a chance he didn't want to take.

Unfortunately, these bad situations are happening entirely too frequently, and the pedophiles seem to have a 6th sense where they can sniff out closeted gay youth, often ones that don't have strong support from family. The youth can end up at the least emotionally scarred and sometimes worse.

I'm not saying this is always going to be the case, and I think lots of times anyone talking to you over a period of time might very well, completely innocently, want to know what you look like (and you them as well.) But you should always be extremely cautious, and no matter how long you've been talking with someone, unless you've met them in person, you really have no idea if whom you're talking to is remotely who they say they are.

I would simply block him, and put a comment in your IM client so that you remember who it is 6 months or a year down the road when you might not remember him.

10. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

You guys are the best! THIS is why I'm her at EC...I feel safe with you guys...like an extended group of family and friends. Even though I'm new I love it here :slight_smile:

11. Jekko

Man this is really scary and really damaging to one's life. Poor kid, how's the kid doing now?

12. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

The thing is he was very eager to show me his pic...and he's cute...it was definitely not a model but one of those ones you take with a camera on your computer.

13. jonny

ur no the only one lol. Dude just ignore him, he is after some booty

14. starfish

Of course...

[​IMG]

15. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Which, not to be cynical, he could have gotten from some other person like you :slight_smile:

If I have the slightest question, I ask them to go on webcam, or send me a pic with a particular oddball pose or a paper "salute." If they are legit, they shouldn't have a problem. If they balk or make excuses, they probably aren't real.

16. -Michael-

Before, i got a picture of my friend and some guy was saying it was him.

So i sent him more pictures of my friend with me with him
    and he was like

OH MY GOD HE LOOKS LIKE ME
    then he bocked me :')

I get a lot of pervs
    just block him

no big deal

17. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was one case. I can think of several others offhand that are almost identical to it.

The outcome for the kid depends a lot on what happens; if the kid is coerced (subtlely or directly) into performing a sex act, then s/he can end up feeling very degraded and violated; it is not unlike rape or other sexual abuse, and it's that much worse, because very rarely will the kid tell anyone what happened.

Some kids are able to take it in stride better than others; the issue is that, even if nothing happens sexually, the kid still usually feels guilty or dumb for being taken advantage of, when in fact he or she was skillfully manipulated, using the most vulnerable things about him or herself that the pedo could squeeze out in conversations over weeks or months, so the kid never remotely had a chance against an experienced pedo who has been honing his craft for years.

With some good counseling, most people can overcome almost anything that happens, but it's one of those things that a little extra caution will help to avoid in the first place.

(Sorry for the partial thread hijack)

18. -Michael-

I dont see the big deal

you KNOW he's a creep...

block him

thats it
    dont send pictures
    dont recieve them
    dont let him even talk to you anymore
    BLOCK

19. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As calchip said, it might have been one he coerced another teenager into sending to him.
    Most decent chats, forums, IM programs, etc. have a good block function, where the person you've blocked can't see that you've blocked them - it just shows you as being offline. Just put on a block, and keep trusting your instincts in future. If you get the feeling he's creepy, you get that feeling for a very good reason.

20. Techcompu2

my sister's friend, not a close one though, asked for my facebook password so she could send herself a friend request.
    to show that my sister does not like her much, my sis made a facebook account under her pen name she uses for her writings