1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abe And Washington Were Gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Legnaj, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Im looking up movies from the tribecca film festival and I decided to look at the lgbt entires. I find a movie named Outrage and I look into it. The name that pops out is the governor of my state which I have believed to be gay for a while now. I look up the discussion with the director as well as some gay rights activists and I see this quote just sticking up like a splinter:

Larry Kramer: [Mentions in passing that George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were gay. When the audience laughs, Kramer gets fired up and angrily yells at the audience.] Why are you laughing?! That drives me up the fucking wall. George Washington was gay. He was in love with Alexander Hamilton and Lafayette—the three of them. It is going to come out more and more. Abraham Lincoln, we know was gay. The number of people who were gay in this history of our country is huge. Why are you laughing? We need to know our history. They would treat us better—Republicans—if they knew for a fact that Abraham Lincoln, their great savior, was one of us.

Our history has been taken away from us by straight historians who have no concept of who we are or will not let us be who we are.

Im googling a mail a second looking up info. Does anyone know anything on this?

btw its a nice convo if you want to read it. http://www.tribecafilm.com/news-features/features/Tribeca_Talks_Outrage.html

#1 Legnaj, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
  2. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

3. mattypants

imagine the herasey! :eek:
    xD
    intresting quote indeed

4. Shevanel

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3D1PM2pQ7E[/YOUTUBE]

Ahh but if George Washington was gay, then this whole scene wouldn't exist!
    (i know the embedding is disabled, so just click the damn video :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Martha Washington was a hip, hip lady. :grin:

5. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (Re: comment that republicans are against "us"-- I am republican, and I am not against us. Neither is Dick Cheney. Best not equate Republicans with some bible-thumpers who want to tell everyone what God's judgment is.)

6. Shevanel

(*hug*) Hell yes dude. Good job pointing that out. I'm more or less an unregistered Republican I guess but I stay Independent. But seriously, I hate when issues are seen like that and people group things so simply like that =/

7. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I didnt write the quote but I do agree with it somewhat. For the past 8 years most of the anti-gay movement supporters were in fact, republicans but dont forget those who just let it happend, democrats. The libertarians were one of the few groups who stood up aginst these bible thumping republicans.

But thats not the issue. Lincon had 4 documented relationships with men in his lifetime. All went well, but his 2-3 relationships with women all had signifigant problems...makes you wonder.