1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Does a person's sexual orientation have an influence on your dating them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Camman3, Jul 16, 2009.

?

Does a persons sexual orientation influence your decision to date them?

1. Yes, I only date people attracted to the same sex

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
  2. Yes, I only date people attracted to the opposite sex

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, I only date people attracted to both sexes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I would date anyone. It depends more on the person than their sexual orientation

47 vote(s)
    73.4%
  5. A different option

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Camman3

Just wanted to know what you thought? I have already had an experience where one guy was still a bit confused about being "bi", so I didn't want to date him because of his uncertainty. I don't want him to just drop me because "he can't handle being with a guy because he could just date women and be "normal" anyway".

You know what I mean. My lesbian aunt also told me to avoid bisexuals when she found out about me (which I thought was a bit harsh).

I know you can't help who you fall for, so I think if a bi guy showed me that he really was only interested in me, then I would try it, but otherwise, I'm skeptical about dating bi guys because... it's just very threatening that they can look at both sexes.

I am so happy that my bf is gay.

I hope no one takes offense to my opinion >.<...

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More about the person for me. I've had my heart broken by a bi girl before and for a while I was paranoid about faling for other bi girls, but I'm pretty much past that now.

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really is more about the person for me. It wouldn't matter to me if they were bisexual or gay. I don't know how I could date a straight person though as it wouldn't really be a date if there isn't a mutual attraction to one another.

4. xXHolic

I think the forth option is the right for me... It really depends on the other person... I dont care if he is gay/bi or if she is bi/str8! It's their life after all..:slight_smile:

5. diegon3

i wouldn't mind as long as his main interest while we would be dating is me...
    and if it's not what's the point in dating them if their not interested in you? :/

6. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I think it's about the person, I did however go on a few dates with a guy who then claimed to be straight lol

7. littledinosaurs

I said "No, I would date anyone. It depends more on the person than their sexual orientation"

But that hasn't worked out too well when i date lesbians :'(

8. Just Adam

its allways the person that matters :slight_smile:

9. ELusiveMuse

ELusiveMuse Guest

Well i'm not near the stage of looking for relationships yet but i think if anything i'd be happier with a bloke that was bi because of the fact that even with the choice of both men and women open to him he would have chosen to be with me. To my thinking that would make me feel quite special. :slight_smile:

10. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

There's a lot of debating about bisexuals round here this week, just noticed today. For me, I've not voted cus I'm a little ways from being comfortable to date. I'd never really though about it tbh. I'd like to say it wouldn't bother me, but I can appreciate when people say they'd be concerned about not satisfying their partner's desires for the opposite sex. Truth is I guess I'd have to see what my response in the situation would be either way.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure I understand the question. I wouldn't date someone who was only interested in the opposite sex, because he was either a straight male, and thus uninterested in me...or a straight female, in which case I'd be uninterested in her.

If a bisexual guy was interested in me, would I date him? Sure, if he really was interested in me. I don't find bisexuality to be a turn-off or a threat. Could you throw me over for a girl? Sure. But a guy could throw me over for a hotter guy.

Lex

12. Shevanel

I think it'd be a good idea to clear up any misconceptions about Bisexuality, and this thread does a pretty good job I think.

I voted I would date anyone. Because It makes absolutely no sense to me to date someone based off their sexuality. =/

13. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! That is something I always think when I see people mentioning how they wouldn't date someone who is bi for that reason. I think that it would almost be better. If I got dumped by a bi girl for another girl, I would feel so inferior and inadequate. If she dumped me for a guy, I'm not a guy, so there wouldn't be as much to compare between us.

14. Just Adam

i think opposite lol if i got dumped by a guy for a girl id be liek wel i was just not what he wanted...he wanted different parts...but if i was left for another guy id feel a failure like i wasent good enough he wanted better.

15. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Aw, poor bb... that's tough (*hug*) :icon_wink

That's a really cute way of thinking of it.

For me, I think it would be pretty hypocritical to rule someone out because they were bi. In fact, I think I would almost prefer to be with someone who was bi... simply because they would understand what it's like and be perhaps more compatible sexually. It would be nice to be able to go "Wow, isn't x hot" to your partner whatever the sex. Whereas I would perhaps feel nervous about sharing my attraction to boys with a lesbian girlfriend because of fear that I might upset her. Also I find rigid hetero/homo sexuality slightly a turn off... :/ That's not to say I wouldn't go with a gay or straight person, but, if they were really anal about maintaining that one-way sexuality, or if they had a problem with my feelings, then I think it might become a problem. I guess I feel it's intrinsic to me to be attracted to men and women and I'd need to be with someone who understood that.

16. littledinosaurs

I think this quote is best for anyone who is afraid of dating someone else cause they're afraid they'll lose that someone:

17. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's what I said...

18. Tim

Tim

It depends on the person. There are some bi people I would date, there are some I wouldn't. (Yes, I've said differently in the past, but that was just extremely bad phrasing on my part, like usual -.-) Just like there are gay guys I wouldnt date, and some I would.

19. Markio

Oh, I didn't get the question. I was like, "I'd only date gay guys because straight guys wouldn't like me back." I'd probably date bisexual guys though, whatever. Dating though, ugh, I can hardly stand my friendships. :icon_roll

20. No One

Generally I prefer other gay guys because (not saying all bi people are like this because i know they aren't) from experience i have seen almost all the bi's i know in real life have a girl and a guy and i don't know i worry. I would date a bi guy if he pursued me but i probably wouldn't perused one unless i really REALLY liked him.