1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some insane man pulled over to fuss at me today!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Mind Freak

I was walking with two of my friends (girls) and we were just walking down the street giggling like teenagers but not obnoxiously or anything. So we passed a big tree in someones yard and my one of the girls was like "That's a BIG tree" and I was like "Yeah you should climb it i'd give you 5 bucks." she said "No, I wouldn't do that anyway because we don't mess with those people and it's too big" so we were laughing and kept going and I started doing the macarina (spelling?) and we were just having a good time on our walk.

Then this man in a beetle drives up and goes "Excuse me son! The girls are fine but you don't need to be talking about what you're going to do to my wife." and I was like "...." Silence. I thought he was joking; I've NEVER seen him in my life. And at no point was I talking about what I was going to do to someone especially a middle aged woman! So he said "Don't you be talking about my wife like that again you hear me?" and I was like "Ummm. Who are you?" and he said "Don't worry about it you know exactly who I am." (Obviously not since I asked you who you were) and then he drove off. :confused:

We were all in shock like what just happened. And if I wasn't in so much shock I would have let him know (politely) I wasn't talking about his wife it must have been a misunderstanding.

That was absolutely ridiculous. Who does that?
    He's a creepy stalker and I was really irritated that he came to me like that. Weirdo.

Anyway. I told my mom what happened. And she said she didn't like me walking by myself as it is because I seem to attract idiot lunatics so this was kind of the last straw. So now I'm not supposed to walk alone. I wasn't scared of him but being realistic I could probably handle a teenager trying to fight me but a GROWN man, I don't know.

Anyone have any self defense tips or something?
    I might go buy some pepper spray.

2. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Keys between the knuckles. While I have never had to use them before, it certainly makes you feel more confident if you have make-shift brass knuckles. Also, if you happen to live in Canada, I believe that we are not allowed to carry mace/pepper spray. I know that you can carry bear mace though, if you happen to live in a wildernessy area. Also, this doesn't apply to you so much as to women, but if you will be walking anywhere alone, always wear sneakers. Highheels just won't cut it if you have to book it. Never walk at night and listen to music with headphones. AAAAAANNNDDD keep a cell phone handy.

I tend to attract the crazies when I'm out walking and I have had (for some unknown reason) countless men proposition me for all sorts of things (drinks being the most pleasant). However, I live in a very safe city and I'm not particularly worried about anything happening.

Mostly I say, "Welcome to the club."

3. Shevanel

First off:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZjHKfbbiQ[/YOUTUBE]

Secondly:
    Today, a man pulled up next to me in his car while i was on the way home from work while i was still in the shitty neighborhood where i work, and he goes "Do you like kittens?" I'm like... "...wut?" and he was like "Do you want kittens?" and i'm like... "...no?" and then he's like "Do you know anyone that wants kittens?" and i was like "... umm no? Sorry?" and then we continued driving. It was weird

Thirdly:
    That was strange. People are strange. Don't mind them.

4. Hoppip

I've heard before that if you're gonna punch someone, aim for the neck and not for the face. They can turn their face but it's likely their throat will still be open. :'D

I'm sorry about that crazy. I would've probably said something I would later regret. xD

5. 71390S

71390S Guest

Try not to draw blood/fluids if you ever get in a fight - who knows what parting "gift" someone could give you.

6. Jace

Sounds to me like he was tryna find a home for some kittens
    Maybe his cat was a whore and had an unexpected litter and he was desperate to get rid of the extra piss-machines

7. RaRa

That's what I was thinking. xD

8. ELusiveMuse

ELusiveMuse Guest

Seems like a case of mistaken identity to me, though if i remember rightly the maccarena involves a thrusting of the hips... Maybe the guy saw you through his living room window and you might have inadvertantly looked his wife's way while doing it? Who knows? More than likely the guy doesn't even have a wife and is just a random nutter you'll never see again. Don't worry about it too much, i.ve had encounters with some crazy bastards in the past, it's just part of life's trials. :slight_smile:

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once years ago I was working the main counter, and a woman came in and began yelling at me. She said, "I've had it with your shop. I returned my videos last week BEFORE midnight, ON time, and you STILL charged me a late fee. This is the FOURTH time you've done this to me, and I'm NOT going to take it anymore. I want to talk to a manager, I want the late charges removed, and I want an apology." She then folder her arms and glared at me.

It took me a second to think of what to say, and somehow, I managed to stay calm. "Might I suggest you take your complaint next door?"

"What for?!"

"Because this isn't the video store. Blockbuster is next door."

She stared at me for a second, she glanced around, then shuffled out.

Lex

10. Bevo

I LOLed so bad reading that!!!:lol: :lol:

At least none of you ever had to do pamphlet delivery...boy did i come acros a few nutters on that job.

11. Synth177

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One time I got a text message from someone that said he would kill me if I had sex with his girlfriend again.

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    OMG - That is hysterical! :roflmao:

13. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Before my family moved house where we lived had a few homeless people, so whenever I walked home from the bus stop it was always very weird.. -__-;