1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chat room

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by godfather, Jul 21, 2007.

1. godfather

godfather Guest

hi hows everyone?? are many of you on the chat room?? as i dont know wether do go for that or not
    thanks
    -alex:icon_bigg

2. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Hey alex, yer im on da alot, but i talk alotta rubbish sumtimes:grin: :icon_bigg

3. JSG

JSG Guest

I'm on from time to time, you should try, you can have some pretty cool convos !!

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in the chat room now. I log in from time to time.

5. CrimsonThunder

I go in as often as possible aint gone in as much though lately. :frowning2:

6. Steam Giant

If you're interested in talking with someone in the chatroom, it's best to log into the chatroom while you're browsing the forums, and just stay in, even if the room's empty. That will maximize the chance of you running into somebody. Otherwise, the chatroom livens up a little at nighttime in the US, so you can try then ^^

7. Kimi

I do go to chat room when I have time but since I didn't have much time before because school was not over yet but FINALLY it's summer break(!) (!) (!)

So I think I'll be there much more than before:slight_smile:

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

When we get the new front page of the site up in the next few weeks, that should show how many people are in the chatroom.

9. SpikySpice

I used to be in teh chatroom24/7, now I have lots of works to do so I have to spend less time on there

But just log in the chatroom and stay there, because random people pops in and out all the time:slight_smile:

Oh and that will make it easier for us Paul, thank you:wink:

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Turn your sound on too, as it makes noises when someone logs in or out, posts things etc. Then you'll know when there is some activity if you have a different browser tab/window showing.

11. CrimsonThunder

Yeah I love the sound thing Paul. If only IRC had sounds. =P There are a few features that are missing from our chat room though. =(

I'm in the chat room now.

12. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    some times i go to the chat room but find it hard to read and answer the other ones in the chat room

13. paul7836

Irc can have sounds, you just need a good irc client. But I use irssi and screen. they serve me well. But that dosent have sound, but it will put popups in the gnome panel if you run linux :slight_smile:

14. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

We'll never satisfy everyone with the features and operation of something like this. The aim was to choose something that would work on most systems without needing extra software installed (most people have Flash installed), was straightforward to use, didn't cause screen flicker when it updated, logged all conversations indefinitely, and wasn't too expensive. Overall I think FlashChat succeeds, and people seem to like it. It's a vast improvement on Blab Lite that we used before.

About the only missing "feature" I can think of is the inability to send pictures and other files though it. If you are in a private conversation with someone though you can exchange email addresses and send them that way instead.

15. Micah

The chatroom has "live links" so you can easily link people to the photos online or your myspace profile etc.

16. paul7836

Those live links crash some browser/flashplayer combinations. ehm flash9 and firefox ehm. But its still possible to copy/paste links