1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17 days

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hoping, Aug 1, 2009.

1. hoping

So its 17 days until i go to hospital and get my jaw operated on. I have a bit of an overbite so they are fixing it. So 23 grand later hopefully all is good.
    Wont be able to eat solid food for 2 months and *coughs* other things since well i could have a footy player as a bf whose sex drive is crazy.
    I will be in hospital for 3 days and smashed on painkillers hehehe
    But no working out for a while, not even walking.
    So im a bit nervous, i mean just the thought of bone being drilled and hammered.

2. Mickey

You need to stop thinking about what they're going to do! I've had major surgeries and I did the same thing! It just scares you more.
    Give yourself a pep talk. Tell yourself," It's got to be done and it'll be over,before I know it."
    I know,easier said than done,but just go into it with a positive attitude . Try to think how much better the surgery will be for you,not what it entails.
    After I had one surgery,I saw the same surgery on one of those medical programs.
    After I knew what I was watching,I quickly changed the channel! I didn't WANT to know what they did to me. I was just happy it was over & done with and I was happy with the outcome.
    Try to think of it as a positive thing,not all the negative. God knows,it's hard,but you can do it.
    I wish you the best and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

3. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed with Mickey! I can understand your nerves mind, I mean I still get nervous and I've had major surgery more times than I can count but it does make it a lot less stressful if you think 'well I'll soon be out and about again.'
    Here's to a speedy recovery dude! xxx

4. 71390S

71390S Guest

good luck! My sister had jaw surgery a long time ago, her jaw was wired shut for two weeks. everything will be okay =)

5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I wish you luck ^^ . I actually need to have oral surgery as well for my wisdom teeth.

6. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn that sucks. If you need to I'll keep your boyfriend's libido under control while you're recovering. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. hoping

Never!!!!!!! i will fight to the death!!! *BITCH SLAPS*