1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kids

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by matty123, Aug 1, 2009.

1. matty123

i was talking to a friend yesterday, and we get onto the topic of kids, like in the future would i want kids, what would i call them etc, and i've never bin that sure about this topic, like when i first started coming out to myself i guess that i assumed i would never have kids, but now i think if i met the right person then why couldn't i have a family, i dunno, how do other people feel about gay adoption??

2. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gay adoption = awesome. I don't see why people kick up a fuss about that to be honest, just because a person is gay doesn't mean they suddenly never want children ever. At the end of the day it's not the genders or the pregnancy or the giving birth that makes someone a good parent. If the baby is loved, raised and treated well then that makes a good parent. Who cares what gender they are?
    I personally don't want children anymore so I don't suppose it matters for me. [I did at one point but as I got older I realized I really couldn't cope with the life long task of taking care of a child.] I had baby names for my kids too lol. But I won't be having any, but hell if it happens at least I'll have names there!

3. partietraumatic

I really want kids. I love kids. I have it all sorted in my mind lol. Ill make my bezzie their godmother,then she can be their mother figure :slight_smile:

But i would worry about the kids,and the abuse they would get at school and in life...

4. Beachboi92

i agree i want kids in the future and i am with partie that i would be worried how they would be treated if i ended up with a male partner. However i also hope that the world will be more accepting by that time. Personally i would probably want to do the artificial insemination with a sarogate mother if i ended up with a man over adoption.

5. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

I absolutely catagorically definately want kids. Tbh, I haven't really thought about the technicalities, the implications of being a gay parent etc. because in my mind it's a way off, I'm still in education and I'd ideally want to either be in a stable relationship, or be financially secure enough that I could do it on my own if no partner when it happens.

I can relate to what you've said BeachBoi re: method. In my mind when I was younger (before accepting myself), I always imagined my first child would be my own, and after that I'd maybe consider adoption. I suppose in reality there financial aspect would be significant there, cus to have my genetic child (that sounds bad but can't think of nicer sounding terminology :confused:) it'd involve egg donation, a surrogate and all that jazz... not cheap! Ultimately as I write this I realise I have a lot of thinking to do re: this subject when the time comes, but this is where I'm at in the present.

Hope that made sense :slight_smile:

6. partietraumatic

personally im quite in favour of adoption,there are so many kids out there that could be given a better life which,given my education etc i would, fingers crossed, be able to provide.

:slight_smile:

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think adoption kicks ass. A (straight) couple I'm friends with just adopted their second child - a 3-week-old infant. Their first is four years old.

I firmly believe that parent is as parent does. I think adoptive parents aren't missing some sort of magical "bond" that natural parents have, and thus somehow are inferior. I know some people (gay and straight) feel that they can't raise a child unless it's really "theirs". Some gay people hold this belief so strongly that they're determined to, one day, "leave the gay thing behind", find a woman, pretend to love her, and have kids with her. That's something I really can't get my brain around.

Lex

8. Absentminded

I want kids in the future, perhaps 1 or 2. I think the thought of adopting would be great, but, I just don't think it'd be for me. I think I'd have to go through IVF...I don't know why, I just think I would.

9. Beachboi92

there is something appealing about adoption to some people and there is something appealing about having a child that is genetically related to others. I am same as you absent i want a kid that is genetically related because for some reason it just appeals to me more.

10. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I deffo want kids in the future I love children not sure if I would adopt not gonna rule it out though

11. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah, I would rather have my own to be honest.

12. I have no idea if I want kids of my own, but my gay best friend and I have decided that Im going to be a surrogate mother for him when we're older :grin:

13. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely want children in my future, I already dream about finding my Mr. Right and settling down in some suburb to raise our family in a house with a dog, cat, and a nice lesbian couple next door. I have always wanted children, even before I came out to myself. I just feel like becoming a parent is something that I am here on earth to accomplish.

14. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As daft as it sounds I wish I could have kids. Not in the physical sense [as being able to get pregnant] I mean cause we're not too sure about that I may be able to but dunno, but the physical side as in being able to cope with them. I have a few disabilities that pretty much make it difficult to cope with things without getting exhausted. I can look after kids for a few hours, but after that I'm screwed and have to rest for about a week. Same goes with anything physically labouring really. Cause of that I don't think I'd cope with a kid 24/7 for the rest of my life I don't think I could physically handle it. Which kinda sucks cause I do love kids but to be fair, I don't think it would be fair on a kid if I had one.

15. shorty

I would totally love to have kids.

Don't think society is ready for kids to have gay parents yet though. :frowning2:

16. -Michael-

I used to tell people.
    I'm 99% gay
    because when i'm older
    i want a wife and 2 kids

I look back and think

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I want a boy. :slight_smile:
    I want to call him Jim
    So then he'll be Jim Henson
    :')

I think gay adoption should be as normal as a heterosexual couple.
    I hate when you hear about families sueing or booting off because they don't want their children to go to gay couples.

I'm like
    YOU DON'T WANT YOUR CHILDREN!
    YOU SHOULDN'T GET TO CHOOSE.

Apparently my friend will surrogate for me if i ever want a child. :')

17. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I definitely plan on having kids someday. I don't think my life would be complete without at least one. I don't know if I want to adopt, although it's a great option for many people. I want to have a biological child. But there's still a long way to go before I get there, so I have plenty of time to consider my options. :grin:

If I'm being picky, though, I will admit that I kinda have a picture of what I want my future dream family to look like. I want three kids, probably two boys and a girl. I want to name my first child (a boy) Colin, my second child (a girl) Sage, and my third child (another boy) Jayden. That's probably pretty specific. :lol: But I can dream.

18. Beachboi92

thats so sweet xD

19. Meropspusillus

Sometimes I'm like "I want kids." and then sometimes I think "Wait, why the hell would I want kids?"

20. Apocalypte

I don't really plan on having children, I don't have a maternal bone in my body. However if I was with someone who really wanted children I'd probably end up going along with it.