1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using the L word

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EM68, Aug 4, 2009.

1. EM68

I have been dating a wonderful guy for about 2 and a half months. Things between us are going great.We talked a lot and we both see a future together. I am so happy and for the first time in my life I am in love. It's wonderful and scary at the same time. I am not too sure if I am ready to tell him that I love him but it has been on my mind.I am no the type to through around the 'love' word around casually. I don't want to tell him that I love him when we are fooling around but at some point I will want to tell him how I feel. What do you guys think? When have you told your bf of gf you love them?

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I have never had a boyfriend as of yet, so I can't answer the second question. In regards to the first, I think that if you are feeling it then it must be time to say something. When a relationship gets to the point where you genuinely feel love towards someone it is time to let them know. It sounds like you really have something going for you. I have seen some of your other posts about your bf and I would bet money that he feels the same way towards you. :slight_smile: And congratulations for finding a wonderful person to share your life with.

3. littledinosaurs

Wow, i clicked this thread thinking it was about Lesbians.
    I've been watching The L Word too much.
    I have no advice about saying love though, good luck.

4. agraves

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about three months now and I think, maybe, after a month and a half we said we love each other. Now, there is a big difference between LOVING someone and being IN LOVE with someone. Right now, I love her, but I can't say I'm in love with her. People have an infinite capacity to love, you can love anything or anyone, when you love someone you care deeply about them, and you naturally worry about them and want them to be happy and you just love being around them. When you're IN LOVE with someone, nothing else matters, you're basically devoting your life to that person, and you care about that person more than anything in the world. You want them and nothing else, as long as you're with them, life is perfect. You can see yourself with that person forever, understanding that forever is a long time.

5. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I said it to my girlfriend on her birthday I was like if I buy her an expensive gift she can't deny my love...which she didn't :grin:

Good luck with your boyfriend hope it all goe's well and you find the right time (*hug*)

6. EM68

Thanks guys. You all have given me a lot to think about.

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I thought the same thing xD

8. EM68

HaHa. I never thought of that when I made the thread.

9. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was thinking of loch ness monster. Oops.