1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out and Happiness

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by agraves, Aug 4, 2009.

1. agraves

Wow! That is all I can say. Coming out has been the best decision I've ever made in my life. It has made me so much happier and less stressed. Before coming out, I had surrendered myself to the idea that I would never meet anyone or ever be happy in life. Then, I came out last year a few days before Christmas, and everything has changed. I am thankful that I have very understanding parents and didn’t ruin their holiday with my news. It was out of necessity that I told them during Christmas….the girl that I was talking to was coming to visit me and I didn’t know how to explain her so I had to spill it.

I met my girlfriend online (not the same girl that came during Christmas) and talked to her on there for a couple weeks before meeting in person. We met at a bar and I was instantly attracted to her physically and to her personality. We have now been dating for about 3 months (I know it's not that long). We did the stereotypical lesbian thing and she moved in after about a month of dating. Actually, I counted…she moved in after only 26 days of dating (but we knew each other a bit longer than that). So, after living together for 2 months, we have been getting along great and haven't encountered any problems. I have never met anyone that makes me so happy...and she doesn't even have to try. I find myself admiring her all the time. I just added a couple pictures of her to my profile page, feel free to check her out. I love showing her off.

I am thankful for her every day. She is a boi and has made me more comfortable in showing who I really am. I used to dress more feminine because my dad told me that he was ok with me being gay as long as I didn't look like a boy. I complied since I am very dedicated to keeping my parents happy and to avoid conflict. Well, since I've met her, I've been wearing boys clothing and have cut my hair shorter than it was...and he has yet to say anything to me about it. I'm becoming more comfortable in being myself and letting others know who I am.

There's no real point to this thread...just that I don't have a lot of people I talk to but I want everyone to know how happy coming out has made me. I'm ready to scream it from the roof tops. I wish courage and luck to all those who are contemplating coming out; and may it bring you as much happiness as it has brought to me.

2. olides84

Real nice post. I'm so happy for you.
    LOL. I didn't know that stereotype about lesbians :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    That was really nice to read glad your so happy and if you ever wanted to express more happiness i'm always here :grin:

4. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh yeah. The classic old school lesbian joke.

What does a lesbian bring on a second date?
    A U-Haul

5. xequar

What's a Subaru really called?

A lesbian moving van :lol:

Seriously, though, congrats, and I hope the relationship goes swimmingly!

6. xXHolic

I so loved your story... It's great to know someone is that happy. Keep it up, and I hope it lasts for a long time :slight_smile: