1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asylums OH MY!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by boy0boy, Aug 5, 2009.

1. boy0boy

SO I know its a bit early for Halloween but who can't resist a good chilling tale!

I live in a city (not named due to identity issues) that happens to have an authentic abandoned insane asylum! I've been multiple times but NEVER actually went in- its kinda like "grounds" (meaning multiple buildings) and next to a Juvenile Detention center.

My last trip was the ONE in which I meant to venture in- only there happens to be 1 neighbor across the street in the only house nearby who "watches" it and likes to shoot his shotgun in the air to scare away kids. It works. Also signs clearly say "will arrest trespassers" and online a few say they've been taken in.

I SO WANNA GO THOUGH!!!

Any cool places around you?

2. 71390S

71390S Guest

There are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many myths about werewolves in my town. lmfao.

3. Emile

Emile Guest

OMG! That's so funny! I went to an abandoned asylum just yesterday. I LOVE URBAN EXPLORATION <3 <3 ! This is the second time I go there. I love going to such places!

4. xequar

Hun, I live in Detroit. Two-thirds of this city is comprised of neat abandoned buildings. Trouble is, you either risk your life (structurally unsound) or your freedom (instant arrest if you're caught on the property). That hasn't stopped some people from checking out the Michigan Ave. Train Depot, the old Packard Plant, the mental hospital in Northville, the Highland Park municipal building, et cetera.

Of any of them, I'd like to check out the Highland Park Municipal Building. The City of Highland Park is an enclave of Detroit and was home to the Ford plant that built the Model T. Once upon a time it was the model of what a city could and should be. But now, it's a scary scary place. Most of what's there has been abandoned, and about eight years ago, the State of Michigan actually took control of the city directly. Thus, the municipal building (i.e. city hall, police, and fire) is abandoned. Some of the photos from various explorers have shown that guns, old mug shots, uniforms, and all sorts of neat stuff were left inside. And (this is very important) the building is still reasonably sound.

5. Como

Como Guest

My college dorm was a converted insane asylum. The ceilings were super high so people couldn't hang themselves. The basement had sloping floors to a large drain because it used to be a morgue.

Talk about creepy!

6. ANightDude

I live in San Antonio, Texas, and it's crazy filled with those stories. Apparently there's an inasne asylum just right down the road from an old haunted bridge called "Donkey Lady Bridge". All of it's scary as shizz.

7. Possibly Maybe

You want creepy?

A few years back, i went to the National Historic Archives of my country. I had the rare oportunity (not being a researcher) to view old documents, among them, huge books with detailed information of the Holy Inquisition. I read the name of those unfortunate people that die horrible deaths in the fire, just because they weren't abstainting from eating meat on Easter, or for sweeping their house from the outside in!!!

8. MusicIsLife

In my tiny-ass town, theres nothing cool like that :/ There used to be an abandoned lot across the street from my dad's apartment, but they built i gigantic condo complex onto it.

9. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I don't like mental hospitals - I've been in them enough -.- .

Well, about 2 minutes away from me is Lexington and Concord, MA, which is the home of the start of the Revolutionary War, so there are tons of really cool buildings, grave sites, and battle grounds.

10. boy0boy

Dang I mean i heard about Detroit being bad like financially but who'd have thunk it makes it a playground for creepy abandoned buildings! I love exploring downtown just at the old buildings- inspiring!

.WHAT!! please elaborate